PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 10:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: bell

mssmison is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Hero Android Vogue - Near Perfect!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkbud View Post
The reason for the C&D as far as I understood was that some apps included in the offending ROMS were not open source. They MAY be available for free out there, but since they are not open, then Google had to put the kibosh on them.
What it is, is that several parts of the android source are indeed not open source. the google apps for example. These are closed source apps that google developed to make the android experience 'good' out of the box. Those who are part of the android open source handset alliance are allowed to distribute these apps with their phones. As google did not intend the vogue and other third party phones to run android and htc did not 'licence' the vogue etc for the alliance, that's where the problem begins.
Basically the move of removing these apps is a 'cover our butt' mentality. I believe in open and closed source and did not realize in the past that it would ever be a problem. We still want to have android on our vogues we just have to do it the 'right' way.
The last thing any of us dev's need is c&d letters. You'll notice that releases have totally slowed down in the Dream forums as well while this is sorted out.
There will still be builds out that do no included the google apps. I know it really cripples android for day to day use, however there is a movement to replace all of the closed source apps with alternative 'open source' ones. As soon as this is finalized those will be included in the builds.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Raph500)
Carrier: Verizon

Giggles 312 is just getting started

been useing this for a while now, and lived with the sms not sending error for all this time but its really starting to bug me. all the sms send, it just says they dont. so is there a fix for this? or with a near perfect rom there has to be one minor bug?
Old 11-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Can you turn off the notification completely so it doesn't say anything? You could probably disable it in the registry.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

ss0mohit is becoming a great contributor

for some reason. android won't load. i even followed
"android on vogue, n00b guide" and i loaded all the files.
is it just my vogue, because my storage card is considered "storage card2" and it doesn't even boot up. it just gives me an error saying "haret.exe could not launch haret.exe/default.txt
Old 11-04-2009, 02:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTV Vogue (NFSFAN 6.5 V12)
Carrier: Bell

doan_1 is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to doan_1

I have had it running for about a day (xROM) and I am loving it. I have a magic on my rogers demo, but bell vogue with unltd data for $10 on android! Doan is happy! Here are my 2 gripes that can hopefully be fixed. 1st. Bluetooth, specifically a2dp. Is there any success in getting this working? 2nd, cyanogen has got USB tethering running on his 4.2.3 build. Is there a way we can get this happening for us?

And for those who want a fully enabled market. look google the "market enabler" apk. install app installer from the current market. Put the apk on your SD, then you can install it. once done you can enable market for paid apps and ones not available to your country/carrier.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: sprint

boobman is just getting started

something really confusing just happened. I took my memory card out of my phone, had a fresh new memory card put all the android files on it and stuck it in my phone. I looked at the storage device and my phone says it still has all the old files from my old card on it. So i think okay it just needs refreshed. I go up a fold and back, still all my old files are there. so i actually click on refresh, still no change. so i try to open a file, and it opens without actually being there! now im freaked out i reset my phone it boots up and still all my old files are on the new card! I hit the up folder button and now it refreshes. None of my old files are there just the new android files. very odd.

::::::::::::::::::::::: back on topic now.

I spent about 2 hours getting everything to work. Seems like almost everything works. Everything is really, really slow until you start all the apps once and reboot the phone. Seems like gps and call waiting are both still bugged. I couldn't get gps to work at all and I couldn't figure out how to switch back to the original call in call waiting. Also the app store seems to be missing many things, pretty much everything i searched for(app installer, fxcamera, pro paint camera, weather apps) nothing was found.. Im on sprint pcs. Time for bed.

Congrats to everyone who worked on this.

Last edited by boobman; 11-05-2009 at 03:24 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

cp1024 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BcardiFred View Post
ok i done everything i could try nto get the hero to work om my sprint vogue i used the default txt 1 was a blank blinking screen tried 2 got nada used 3 went through but loads up but heeps going from "hero" to "htc " on the load up and stays stuck there can anyone help out what am i missing?
I had the exact same problem, in default.txt I changed 428 to 480 in the res area, now boots like a madman.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

atoz350 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Can you turn off the notification completely so it doesn't say anything? You could probably disable it in the registry.

Does Android have a registry?
Old 11-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch
Carrier: sprint

nightspirit is a n00b

I've been using it on my memory card and haven't lost any data yet.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Vogue
Carrier: Alltel/Verzion

Akirk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by psykotik312 View Post
**UPDATE** I've built a guide to help the newer guys try out android. Please let me know what you think: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79798

Hey guys I know there are tons of post about android on your vogue. But I have been trying every freaking build out there and have never been really satisfied with any of them. A lot of them have the horrible button set-up or cannot change keyboards or etc. The build listed below is one of the best Hero builds I've ever used. The buttons have been remapped and everything works flawlessly (plus there is almost NO lag at all)! If your using android already, or you've been waiting to try it, this is your chance to see what it can really do. I can't even put everything it does great in this post because I keep thinking of new things. Trust me and let me know what you think. Its the one labeled zen-hero-090809.zip: http://code.google.com/p/vogue-android/downloads/list

Buttons are mapped as follows:
Power - MENU
Volume - ACTUALLY CONTROLS VOLUME
Camera - BACK
Green - PHONE
Red - SCREEN LOCK AND SCREEN OFF
D-Pad - ACTUALLY SCROLLS
Big Button - ENTER
Hey could someone put these files on this forum.Because the original website has closed those files.So if someone would post them on here i would jump off a bridge.Whoever does email me at alvintae33@gmail.com
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Tags
android, buttons, hero, vogue, works