PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 09:37 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone interested in a guide to getting XV6900 Standalone GPS back?

Howdy. I just got my 6900 a few days ago, and of course being brand new Verizon loaded their trash ROM on it with the new 2.03 PRI on it. This locks the standalone GPS to VZ navigator. Anyhow, I used to have to revert the PRI on my replacments 6800s so I did a simular task on the 6900 to get the old PRI 1.37 back.

Anyhow, I haven't seen any guides around here in the Vogue section for this. So, does anyone want me to make one? If you guys do I will make a long detailed guide on getting back the standalone GPS. But if no one cares then I won't waste time or space...

Anyhow let me know fellow Vogue users.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6900
Carrier: Sprint

psykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpsykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpsykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpsykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpsykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Anyone interested in a guide to getting XV6900 Standalone GPS back?

I have Sprint but I just ordered my old lady a Touch from Verizon and its a whole different ball game lol. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC incredible

jtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
Howdy. I just got my 6900 a few days ago, and of course being brand new Verizon loaded their trash ROM on it with the new 2.03 PRI on it. This locks the standalone GPS to VZ navigator. Anyhow, I used to have to revert the PRI on my replacments 6800s so I did a simular task on the 6900 to get the old PRI 1.37 back.

Anyhow, I haven't seen any guides around here in the Vogue section for this. So, does anyone want me to make one? If you guys do I will make a long detailed guide on getting back the standalone GPS. But if no one cares then I won't waste time or space...

Anyhow let me know fellow Vogue users.
all I had to do is flash the radio, change some settings with QPST, and do a little reg editing and I used the gps with any program that used it. I didn't do anything with the PRI, what would be the benefit of changing the PRI?
Old 08-04-2009, 10:26 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuite View Post
all I had to do is flash the radio, change some settings with QPST, and do a little reg editing and I used the gps with any program that used it. I didn't do anything with the PRI, what would be the benefit of changing the PRI?

You must not have gotten a device with MR1 loaded. A 2.03 PRI will lock Standalone GPS into VZ Navigator. You can use aGPS with the 2.03, but not standalone.

Guide will be up later...
Old 08-04-2009, 11:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

VogueUser is a n00b

This should do it for you:

http://wiki.ppchaven.com/index.php?t...IX_VERIZON_GPS

it is for users that installed the Verizon 6.1 release an trashed their GPS, so it should work for a phone with their 6.1 preinstalled. I have used it to bring a friends XV6900 back to life.
TELUS aGPS Fix
Old 08-05-2009, 02:40 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogueUser View Post
This should do it for you:

it is for users that installed the Verizon 6.1 release an trashed their GPS, so it should work for a phone with their 6.1 preinstalled. I have used it to bring a friends XV6900 back to life.
You guys still are not understanding, I am talking about Standolne GPS. Those guides are for aGPS. Sometimes aGPS is flaky, so have standalone is always good. I am going to do a guide for getting standalone GPS, not aGPS.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

flash the official verizon rm to get the 1.65 pri...or w/e it is
Old 08-05-2009, 05:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC incredible

jtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
You must not have gotten a device with MR1 loaded. A 2.03 PRI will lock Standalone GPS into VZ Navigator. You can use aGPS with the 2.03, but not standalone.

Guide will be up later...
yeah maybe I bought it off ebay so I don't know how old it was, after I did all of what I said earlier I was able to use the standalone gps without a data plan so I must of had the good one lol. I am sure if you make the instructions someone will need it.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:28 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

Yeah part of it is flashing an old dump ROM to get the old PRI. Just hang on for the guide...
Old 08-05-2009, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim X51v, Tilt, 8525 VX6900, Imagio
Carrier: AT&T & Verizon

jadesse is becoming a great contributor

Flashing a preGPS ROM as in the The Wiki form PPC Haven & not letting the customizations run will give you stand alone GPS functionality.

My phone originally came with WM6 installed. When I Flashed to 6.1 I never let the customizations run. I was able to obtain GPS locks. However I had to do a lot of tickering for it to work every time. I have it working flawlessly with TomTom 7 using NFSFAN's ROM.

But go ahead & write your tutorial as it might benefit someone. As I have hear of people having problems with the 2.03 PRI.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue