PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 12:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon

japaneezy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GPS is tracking some other device

Hi folks, like many others I had been trying to get the GPS working on my XV6900. I upgraded the radio and flashed the VZ ROM but did not allow customizations to run. I installed the Valhalla (SP?) GPS fix but no dice. So I gave up

I ran Android for a while but one day it stopped working... a couple months later I wanted it back, so went through and cleaned out my phone, including the Android files. Google Maps and the Valhalla fix were the only things installed at this time, and the Valhalla would not uninstall... it just asked to remove itself from the programs list. So I did some searching and removed the files manually.

Installed Android and it's working beautifully. I went to the "Maps" just to look up something and went to 'show location' just for kicks and giggles. And waalaa, a blue dot appeared. I was stoked but I noticed the dot was somewhere in California. I'm currently in FL, normally in CT. I soft reset and went into Google Maps, and in the upper right it says "Searching for Satellites (0)", which I have never seen before. I left it there for about 10 minutes and got nothing.

Anyone have any ideas? I tried searching but didn't find anything similar to what's happening. Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: GPS is tracking some other device

Quote:
Originally Posted by japaneezy View Post
Hi folks, like many others I had been trying to get the GPS working on my XV6900. I upgraded the radio and flashed the VZ ROM but did not allow customizations to run. I installed the Valhalla (SP?) GPS fix but no dice. So I gave up

I ran Android for a while but one day it stopped working... a couple months later I wanted it back, so went through and cleaned out my phone, including the Android files. Google Maps and the Valhalla fix were the only things installed at this time, and the Valhalla would not uninstall... it just asked to remove itself from the programs list. So I did some searching and removed the files manually.

Installed Android and it's working beautifully. I went to the "Maps" just to look up something and went to 'show location' just for kicks and giggles. And waalaa, a blue dot appeared. I was stoked but I noticed the dot was somewhere in California. I'm currently in FL, normally in CT. I soft reset and went into Google Maps, and in the upper right it says "Searching for Satellites (0)", which I have never seen before. I left it there for about 10 minutes and got nothing.

Anyone have any ideas? I tried searching but didn't find anything similar to what's happening. Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.
if you read the posts in the android for the touch thread u would know that the GPS doesn't work when using android on these phones, at least that is the last I heard. and to get the gps working for win mobile there is plenty of information on this site on how to do that.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:40 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: GPS is tracking some other device

Switch back to WinMo then you can have gps. Easy right!?!?
Well, easy for me to say anyway.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue