PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 10:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Masterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Upgrading phone on Sprint

Hi, since i was rejected trying to get the pre on an older "unfair and inflexible"© plan i was looking around at my few other options and i got this message when i brought up the diamond:

You may need to change your plan
This price is after a mail-in rebate. To receive your rebate and maximize your phone's potential, you'll need to be on one of the following plans:

• Simply Everything® or Simply Everything Family
• Everything Data or Everything Data Family
• Business Essentials with Messaging and Data

See plan details

If you aren't already on one of the plans above, you'll need the following add-on:

• Pro Pack

You'll be able to change your plan or add-ons when you activate your phone.

So does this mean that sprint is gonna force an updated contract for any phone they offer? surely not, I for sure won't stay on sprint if that is the case.

Last edited by Masterface7; 07-27-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Upgrading phone on Sprint

I think Sprint is treating the pre like the instnct. So if you get it if you want data to work then you have to upgrade to or you have to have one of those plans. SUCKS!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2009, 06:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: sprint

Robman62 is a n00b

The sprint is treating all "smart" phones the same way, you need an everything plan be it simply everything, or the lesser priced 60 a month iirc 700 min everything else plan....you need the unlimited data pro pack to use the smart phones.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:33 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Funny thing is this factor was the main reason why I got my Vogue. I didn't get the se plan just kept my old plan and added data. I'm so glad that I did it too cause I don't think I would have been happy with the instinct.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc inspire hd
Carrier: at&t

LessThanZero is keeping up the good workLessThanZero is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Funny thing is this factor was the main reason why I got my Vogue. I didn't get the se plan just kept my old plan and added data. I'm so glad that I did it too cause I don't think I would have been happy with the instinct.
Same here. I kept my original 15 dollar data plan.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: WM 6.1

slepewoker is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robman62 View Post
The sprint is treating all "smart" phones the same way, you need an everything plan be it simply everything, or the lesser priced 60 a month iirc 700 min everything else plan....you need the unlimited data pro pack to use the smart phones.
I heard this, but is this only if you buy the phone using the "discounts" they provide? If so, you are better off buying a phone straight up off amazon or something. You will save the difference in the long run.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

Masterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good work

I am not sure what a pro pack is(vision power pack maybe?), but i certainly have unlimited data. In the pre's case they force you to have sprint navigation and sprint tv premier(can't be seperatly tagged on to a plan, they must be in the everything plan), which is dumb, but if sprint forces everyone who wants to own a smart phone of any kind to buy all their extra services that is a whole new scale of stupid. I can only imagine, what if i went into a car dealership and they were like, "were sorry we cant let you buy that car unless you add on a sport package get a grill guard, mood lighting and dvd screens in all the seat backs."
my reply would be "but i have no kids and it is a coupe..."
Yet another example that the whole cellular system in the usa is screwed up
Old 07-27-2009, 09:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

thecheet is keeping up the good workthecheet is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterface7 View Post
but if sprint forces everyone who wants to own a smart phone of any kind to buy all their extra services that is a whole new scale of stupid.
I don't think they force it yet but there are some carriers that do. I know Alltel requires you to have a smart phone plan for 2 years if you buy a smartphone with all the discounts. Even if you sell the phone you are still stuck with the plan. Don't know how this will/has changed since the merger with verizon. With Sprint you only have to chance your plan if you get the Pre/Instinct. If they tell you that for any other phone then they are just hoping you don't know any better and can get some commission.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:10 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Pro Pack is 30 bucks, its basically the just the data part of the newer Everything Data plans, includes the TV, GPS, Web and Email etc. As far as "making" people change their plans, if you download one song through the Sprint music with just casual data at .03 cents per kb, it could end up costing you more than the extra $30 a month.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue