PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6900
Carrier: Sprint

psykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpsykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpsykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpsykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpsykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Problem viewing web pages *SOLVED*

Basics: I can't seem to get Internet pages to view properly. Many are too large for my screen or are forced zoom in/out.

More Details: I've been through many ROM's, but ever since I went to WM 6.1 my Internet pages have not been loading like they did with WM 5. I am currently using NFSFAN's WM 6.5 v13. I have also tried Opera Mobile and it also seems to have the same problems. I have searched these forums and the xda forums with no luck and only 1 or 2 mentions of the problem so maybe its a rare occurrence? I have tried both Mobile View and Desktop View options and neither corrects the problem.

Examples: ESPN Mobile website now has to be scrolled sideways to see entire page where as before it would fit-to-screen. Same occurs with afterdawn mobile. Slashdot mobile will not even load into any sort of mobile view, just gives me the normal website view.

Last edited by psykotik312; 07-16-2009 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Fixed the problem
Old 07-16-2009, 12:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (XV6900) dual boot Android
Carrier: Money Grabbin' Verizon

inertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to inertone
Re: Problem viewing web pages

have you talked to Sprint about it?
Old 07-16-2009, 12:19 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Something is set differently in your browser. Meaning, the font, the zoom, or the format. I seriously doubt it has anything to do with the rom. It may be that you have a different vesion of the browsers that you had before and you have to set them up differently.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker

inertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuff

Quote:
NFSFAN's WM 6.5 v13
i just noticed, i think you mean v12 lol

but, its weird, since he's been flashing his rom, any browser changes should be wiped clean and start again with w.e browser is in the rom no?
Old 07-16-2009, 03:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

psykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpsykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpsykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpsykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpsykotik312 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You're correct, it is v12. I have not called sprint as I'm sure as soon as they hear "custom rom", I'll get the "hard reset" or "sorry we can't help you with unauthorized changes" speeches.

I've never made any changes to PIE itself, except for home page and to try to switch between desktop and mobile view to correct the problem. Even the mobile version of this site has to be zoomed in and panned around.

It appears that no matter what I set my browser to send to the site, its still sending my location as a desktop. has anyone heard of this or any other possibilities? Thanks for all your time guys!
Old 07-16-2009, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Problem viewing web pages *SOLVED*

Ok thanks for all your help guys but I think I've got it figured out now. I downloaded the .cab for IE from 6.1 and it fixed everything but my picture mail. Now if you have any clue about that . . . .
Old 07-17-2009, 12:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
I have not called sprint as I'm sure as soon as they hear "custom rom", I'll get the "hard reset" or "sorry we can't help you with unauthorized changes" speeches.
you can always flash back, haha

also, glad to know you fixed the issue!
what exactly is wrong with your picture mail?
Old 07-17-2009, 06:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I fixed that too lol. I just had to use ?someone's? .cab called Sprint Picture Mail Hack in conjunction with the 6.1 IE and it solved it. Thanks again.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker

ooohhh, nice!!
ok, lol glad you fixed it yourself haha
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue