PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

crobs808 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to crobs808 Send a message via MSN to crobs808 Send a message via Yahoo to crobs808 Send a message via Skype™ to crobs808
Question Ho do I update my PRI to 2.03_002?

I currently have the XV6900 on Verizon with the 1.37_002 PRI. How can I update it to the latest 2.03_001 PRI without losing any of my data or flashing my ROM? Is there a .PRI file I can update manually like you can with .PRL files?

I tried running the "RadioRefurbish.exe" with parameter "/Refurbish" but it did not do anything except kill my signal then reconnect. When I reset it still shows the same PRI version.

I found the GetSPC zip file on here, but it was packages with the Sprint 2.03_002 PRI, and I am on Verizon...does anyone have the Verizon version?

Thanks,
-C
GPS: TomTom v7.915 (v830.2323 Maps)
Old 07-13-2009, 04:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Re: Ho do I update my PRI to 2.03_002?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crobs808 View Post
I currently have the XV6900 on Verizon with the 1.37_002 PRI. How can I update it to the latest 2.03_001 PRI without losing any of my data or flashing my ROM? Is there a .PRI file I can update manually like you can with .PRL files?

I tried running the "RadioRefurbish.exe" with parameter "/Refurbish" but it did not do anything except kill my signal then reconnect. When I reset it still shows the same PRI version.

I found the GetSPC zip file on here, but it was packages with the Sprint 2.03_002 PRI, and I am on Verizon...does anyone have the Verizon version?

Thanks,
-C
I dont think you really want to do this. The reason is that 2.03 PRI will lock your GPS to only use VZ Navigator. There are workarounds like Valhalla fix, but the benefits of 2.03 is not enough to warrant this upgrade. Verizon has to open up their smartphones to be able to use any nav software, and this is slow in coming.

Steve
Old 07-13-2009, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to crobs808 Send a message via MSN to crobs808 Send a message via Yahoo to crobs808 Send a message via Skype™ to crobs808

hmm, I have been told just the opposite on the XDA forums. That the 2.03_002 PRI is the best, by user GC (GCincotta, I think on here) who is one of the smartest ppl on that board. He said there is no reason not to upgrade to 2.03_002. I actually just put the 1.46 PRI from the TouchPro on my XV6900, and it is working great. Supposedly that PRI is GPS unlocked by Verizon

p.s. - will a PRI affect my GPS if I do not have a data plan?
Old 07-13-2009, 05:27 PM
VIP Member

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by crobs808 View Post
hmm, I have been told just the opposite on the XDA forums. That the 2.03_002 PRI is the best, by user GC (GCincotta, I think on here) who is one of the smartest ppl on that board. He said there is no reason not to upgrade to 2.03_002. I actually just put the 1.46 PRI from the TouchPro on my XV6900, and it is working great. Supposedly that PRI is GPS unlocked by Verizon

p.s. - will a PRI affect my GPS if I do not have a data plan?
I dont think so but I am not positive of that. I have a data plan, and I know when I upgraded to the VZW WinMo 6.1 upgrade, and let customizations run, that it was locked.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

idk what you guys are thinking, but the latest pri is 2.04_003
Old 07-13-2009, 10:38 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
idk what you guys are thinking, but the latest pri is 2.04_003
For VZW or Sprint?? I know that the carriers have different PRIs.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:35 AM
VIP Member

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

the latest for VZW is 1.37_002, Sprint's is 2.04_003
Old 07-14-2009, 05:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MyTouch 3G
Carrier: T-Mobile

bmar08 is becoming a great contributor

I was just looking on my Verizon XV6900 which was stock with the 6.1 update when i got it a few days ago and the PRI version is showing : 2.03_002. Now with my GPS being locked or not when i have tried to use GPS on GoogleMaps latest run it never locks on so im not for sure about the GSP fix ( still studying up being a noob and all )
Old 07-14-2009, 05:50 PM
VIP Member

If you run the leaked official verizon rom that in the official rom thread, you will have a 1.******* pri
Old 07-16-2009, 10:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
the latest for VZW is 1.37_002, Sprint's is 2.04_003
Nope, it is 2.01_002 or 2.03_002 i think. I have 2.01_002 with 100% working GPS w/o having to prime ever!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue