PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 01:27 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Franken Pre Plus/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
? about flashing

Hi all I've been reading and believe I got the whole flashing down, but got a question. I got a sprint vogue and was wondering if I was to flash it with NFSFAN's rom if I would have to reprogram my MDN and MSID or would that stay the same. I guess what I'm asking is if I flash to his rom would I be able to make and receive phone calls or would I have to go through reprogamming my phone like it's a new phone.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:32 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH
Re: ? about flashing

as long as its your PPC and carriers Specific rom you wont have to reprogram the settings for you to make calls or have data. your technically just hard resetting the phone when you flash a new rom and when you do that it doesnt erase it either.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brack21 View Post
Hi all I've been reading and believe I got the whole flashing down, but got a question. I got a sprint vogue and was wondering if I was to flash it with NFSFAN's rom if I would have to reprogram my MDN and MSID or would that stay the same. I guess what I'm asking is if I flash to his rom would I be able to make and receive phone calls or would I have to go through reprogamming my phone like it's a new phone.

Im on Sprint as well and use his ROM and it works fine without needing to save any info or any weird programming or extra steps like that
Read the step by step with precautions and files to have for after you flash in case you need something right HERE

Detroit Doug

Old 05-04-2009, 03:56 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Franken Pre Plus/Touch Pro
Threadstarter

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff

Thanks guys, that's what I was hoping. I'm waiting for my phone to arrive, I got one off ebay and the guy sent me a fraudulent phone that I couldn't activate. I sent it back and he is sending me a refurbished one. Can't wait to get it. By the time it gets here I'll be ready to flash. Detroit_doug how is the NFSFANS rom vs the sprint stock rom. Is it like night and day difference? Also my buddy has a sprint touch and I looked and his radio version is 2.13 Would you guys recommend upgrading it. I believe he has wm6.1 because he said it's REVA.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brack21 View Post
Thanks guys, that's what I was hoping. I'm waiting for my phone to arrive, I got one off ebay and the guy sent me a fraudulent phone that I couldn't activate. I sent it back and he is sending me a refurbished one. Can't wait to get it. By the time it gets here I'll be ready to flash. Detroit_doug how is the NFSFANS rom vs the sprint stock rom. Is it like night and day difference? Also my buddy has a sprint touch and I looked and his radio version is 2.13 Would you guys recommend upgrading it. I believe he has wm6.1 because he said it's REVA.
IF your (and your friend) are on Sprint, then yes upgrade the radio version - most ROMs want a minimal radio of 3.42.30

Go to the first link I gave you, its a FAQ with all the info and files and walkthroughs you will need

Detroit Doug
Old 05-04-2009, 10:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Touch Pro 2

jstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey Detroit Doug, I have sprint and I upgraded my radio to the latest bell radio and I have read not to downgrade my radio. After reading some post saying to flash stock to correct some problems then back to custom I was kind of wondering what I can do to get back to the latest sprint radio without messing up my phone.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstn76rs View Post
Hey Detroit Doug, I have sprint and I upgraded my radio to the latest bell radio and I have read not to downgrade my radio. After reading some post saying to flash stock to correct some problems then back to custom I was kind of wondering what I can do to get back to the latest sprint radio without messing up my phone.

Shouldnt be an issue - I flash all the time

Download and have the 2.31 unlocker on hand
Download and have the 3.42.30 or 50 radio upgrade ready
Download and have the DCD Sprint Carrier Cab handy
Download and have the Stock Sprint ROM ready
Download and have the Custom ROM you want to use
(I always have these in a folder I call my "reflash" folder)

If needed then Flash to the Stock ROM
- hard reset ( I always hard reset after ANY flash, seems to help stability)
then go into bootloader and make sure the unlock status is there
- if not run the unlocker again
flash the radio ROM
flash the custom ROM
- if issues with connections/data after custom ROM run the carrier cab

I cant say as if going back to stock and then custom will help you with any issues your having as I dont know what if any you are experiencing, but Ive never had any issues going from custom to stock and back to custom but then I make sure everything I may need is right there for me ahead of time as well as I have my original 512MB SD card prepped with the *.nbh file from the ROM Im using copied to it and named VOGUIMG.nbh to flash from the SD card as well (either primarily or as a backup method in case my phone does have an issue connecting to the PC and I get the "error 2**" problem)

Detroit Doug
Old 05-04-2009, 11:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Touch Pro 2

jstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit_doug View Post
Shouldnt be an issue - I flash all the time

Download and have the 2.31 unlocker on hand
Download and have the 3.42.30 or 50 radio upgrade ready
Download and have the DCD Sprint Carrier Cab handy
Download and have the Stock Sprint ROM ready
Download and have the Custom ROM you want to use
(I always have these in a folder I call my "reflash" folder)

If needed then Flash to the Stock ROM
then go into bootloader and make sure the unlock status is there
- if not run the unlocker again
flash the radio ROM
flash the custom ROM
- if issues with connections/data after custom ROM run the carrier cab

I cant say as if going back to stock and then custom will help you with any issues your having as I dont know what if any you are experiencing, but Ive never had any issues going from custom to stock and back to custom but then I make sure everything I may need is right there for me ahead of time as well as I have my original 512MB SD card prepped with the *.nbh file from the ROM Im using copied to it and named VOGUIMG.nbh to flash from the SD card as well (either primarily or as a backup method in case my phone does have an issue connecting to the PC and I get the "error 2**" problem)

Detroit Doug
Thanks for the reply I just wanted to make sure I could go back to sprints stock radio and I know people always post read but there is just so much out there. Thanks for all your help.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue