PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 09:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue 6900
Carrier: Sprint

qanda6900 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sleep mode has insomnia

My HTC jumps out of sleep mode on its' own, even when lying motionless on the table.
I was wondering if it being near the computer or TV remote could trigger it to wake up.
Strange behavior.

Any ideas?

QA
Old 05-05-2009, 05:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Sprint

TTBadDog is a n00b
Re: Sleep mode has insomnia

I too am having this problem. The reason it annoys me is that when in my holster and it randomly wakes up it starts to open apps from the screen touching the case. Sometimes I hear it clicking and remove from the case only to find it has opened every dang app and manged to write a thesis paper on nuclear fusion and world peace as it relates to the westward expansion and lunch for the railroad workers, with a misspelling or two of course.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue 6900
Threadstarter

qanda6900 is a n00b

Exactly. I have tried reducing screen sensitivity to prevent the phone from starting apps when the screen rubs in the case. This has at least reduced the "app" nonsense. My phone has dialed contacts while in the case!
Still have not found any solution.
I did have the screen facing inward while in the case. Now I turned it around, and the phone does it less. I guess the pressure on the screen is more when facing towards the body.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch WM6.5

acontrasto is keeping up the good workacontrasto is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to acontrasto

Do you have email set up in messaging?

There are really many reasons that it could wake from sleep. My first intuition was that anytime email is retrieved, it will wake from sleep. If other apps run in background mode, this may also wake up the device even though it may seem like for no reason.

To give you an example, every morning at 3:30am my phone wakes up from sleep in order to update my contacts with an online server through Microsoft MyPhone. Even though, nothing noticeable is actively taking place on the phone, it is silently transferring the contacts. Same goes for email retrieval. The only way to stop that from happening is to change the settings in the app that is causing the device to wake up, or to remove the app all together.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Sorry guys, this is Windows Mobile. You cannot change it. The only thing you can do is lock your screen.

My phone lights up every 30 seconds for hours at a time.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

snthon is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTBadDog View Post
Sometimes I hear it clicking and remove from the case only to find it has opened every dang app and manged to write a thesis paper on nuclear fusion and world peace as it relates to the westward expansion and lunch for the railroad workers, with a misspelling or two of course.
lmao

As stated above this seems to be an issue with updates, weather, email, data connection etc. I normaly use the phone lock, s2u2 is to bulky for me but I love the new phone lock in 6.5.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch (Vogue)

miamicanes is a n00b

I had the same problem (and came within milliseconds of smashing my Touch in rage after a few of them, including the time it insidiously called someone and left a 40+ minute voicemail message for them after something caused it to wake up while in my pocket).

The only workaround I've found is S2U2. It's not perfect, and causes some issues of its own (partly because it has dozens of options whose consequences and interactions aren't particularly obvious, or even documented beyond random postings in 200+ page threads), but it DID fix the problem well enough to make the phone semi-tolerable.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:05 PM
VIP Member

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

This is also one of the major reasons that WM phones get such terrible battery life in comparison.

My friend has the 8900 on T-Mobile, with WIFI and GPS enabled 100% of the time, (apparently BB is smart, and only enables these when needed--not all the time) but from his perspective, they are 'active.'

His battery lasts 2 days at very least. I nearly had a heart-attack when I heard that. My Vogue lasts 6 hours max with my current usage, which was much, much less than his.

I can't wait for a new phone, until WM7 comes out, I'm steering clear of WM. WM6.5 hasn't fixed really anything that I would consider monumental.

Palm Pre!! (for now)
Old 05-11-2009, 05:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch (Vogue)

miamicanes is a n00b

You have more trust & patience than I do at this point

I'm basically just enduring my final months of misery & waiting for a Sprint Android phone with real hardkeys and 640x480 (or better yet, 800x480). Or maybe support for bluetooth headsets in Vogue Android (the one thing I can't live without, because my cell phone IS my real phone, and when I'm at home it has to pair with my cordless home phone as "line #2").

For the most part, I've given up hope that Microsoft is even capable of making a phone user interface that isn't completely dysfunctional by design. Short of hiring the guy who wrote S2U2 and giving him full authority to do whatever is necessary to make WM7 look good and be usable (even if it means not trying to make the phone look like a dysfunctional, hacked-up version of desktop Windows running Office 2000 in a bad crack-induced nightmare), I haven't seen anything to give me hope that the Windows Mobile universe isn't going to collectively groan and run through the "Android" door when it ends up looking like it should REALLY be "WM6.7"
Old 05-11-2009, 05:22 PM
VIP Member

Do not discount WM7 right from the get-go, I have faith. I just cannot promise that I will be easily-convinced to come back to WM after playing with WebOS for a year or two. They would have to basically create a new OS from an entirely-new team for me to be interested.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue