PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: sprint

shrimpsiumai is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ppst.exe installation problem (freezes data/call). GPS won't work!

Problem: I had gps working flawlessly (ran ppst.exe 2.03.004, lock 5-10 secs) but I was getting random reboots so I decided to reflash everything and start off from scratch. In the process of doing so, i decided to try the Bell 3.42.50 radio (ran DCD sprint cab afterwards as suggested by OMJ in a thread). That's when things went horribly wrong; roaming went haywire. I couldn't use data or call when I was in roaming and I was gettin the 'verizon unable to vertify your phone' error message. I flashed back to Official Sprint HTC touch rom (HTC WM6.1 Rev A LBS Update – Version 3.03.651.4) and got an ecare tech to reload my HLR. Everything (calls, data, roaming) was good, for now.

I flashed OMJ's rom. Then I installed the ppst cab (ppst_080407_7500_SPCS_2.03). The .cab ran fine and i installed it to my device. However, when i clicked on the ppst.exe in /windows, the data/call/evdo would immediate disable (the same icons if the phone is in airplane mode). I did a soft reset and data/call/evdo returned back to normal and the PRI is upgraded to 2.03.004 (checked in ##786#). I've ran ppst.exe months ago and it wouldn't freeze like that. It would autotmatically restart the phone itself like it's suppose to. This prompts me to question if the PRI was even upgraded properly/successfully eventhough phone shows the updated pri. I try google maps and can't get a GPS lock whatsoever.

I've tried to flash back to official sprint rom/hard reset/ soft reset/ downgrade PRI and radio but it hasn't worked. I also got the infamous IOTA 1012 error so I did ##3282# and had everything reset and the 1012 went away.

Question: Does anyone have any idea why PPST.exe freezes in this manner or have any clue to get my GPS working?

Sprint Touch
Radio: 3.42.30
PRL: 60652
PRI: 1.33_003
Rom: OMJ.3.04.04.Custom.2.exe

CLIFFNOTES: ppst.exe installation freezes & disables data/call. GPS still doesn't work. Ran ppst.exe before (phone automatically restarted itself and didn't freeze) and installation worked months ago .

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by shrimpsiumai; 04-29-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue