PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Metro PCS

anithinks is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Already full-flashed to Metro - how to enable GPS?

I bought the Sprint Touch, and paid the Metro folks to get it "full flashed" (with Internet, MMS and ESN added to Metro inventory) to MetroPCS (these guys do a side business of flashing Sprint/ VZW phones to Metro). The GPS still doesn't work - they said that they charge more money to do that and might involve installing another ROM, and it'll take more time (I thought they didn't know much more, and just might be reading this forum to know what they do).

The phone has the stock ROM (latest 3.03.651.4 provided by HTC with Win Mobile 6.1 with Radio version 3.42.30) - how can I enable the GPS? Will it involve a new ROM? If so, will it remove my metroPCS flashed settings?

Any help appreciated.

Last edited by anithinks; 04-19-2009 at 08:48 PM. Reason: EDIT: Clarified it was a Sprint Touch.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: metro pcs

papidj is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Already full-flashed to Metro - how to enable GPS?

Well i have a htc touch pro recently flashed from metro pcs, actually its seems they do not flash, just put the neccesary settings for your phone work in their network, we are still using the stock spring rom under new phone conections settings (too bad no internet yet)

What program are u using to activate the gps?,because there is no direct activation link, gps only works under certain programs like google maps,tom tom or the stock program sprint navigation.

I just noticed that if you want to use gps, make sure all conections are off, excep the phone settings mus be on (using tom tom software), you must be not inside at home or bulding, no walking, because the tom tom program can get a lock from the satellites, and then star working.

Using google maps, under menu, there's an option -> use gps, just enable it and thats it (by the way at this moment can't get a internet conection using the metro network, and the google maps use your phone internet conection to dowload data over the air) but with not internet conection on your phone, gps still works, but no maps (unles your phone is conected to your computer via usb, hten can see the maps and see in action your location using the gps, just put your phone near a window to get a satellyte lock)

Also Spring navigation uses data over the internet conection from your phone, and works exactly as the google maps.

I hope this can help u.

And also i have the same final question, if someone can help, Unlocking and flasing a user rom like Mighty rom will ovewrite and delete all the settings made it at the metro store? Our phones will work under a new custom rom using the metro network?.

I did before an unlock and flashed the mighty rom and i saw that when you flash a new rom the phone does a hard rest itself and maybe this could cause to overwrite and maybe erase all metro settings

then i went with my unlocked phone, the mighty rom, at the metro store and they could not program my phone using houdinni (it seem they use an unlock program) , so i put the stock rom and locked again and now its flashed (programed) to metro.

Last edited by papidj; 08-12-2009 at 08:21 PM. Reason: adding new coments
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue