PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 01:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: vzw

livefree420 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
3 days and nothing only problems need help

ok so i have gone through so many posts and roms and im stuck i need help i keep getting error 260 and 264 during the ruu rom update and now im stuck in the 80s with a wm 6 and cant even get past that error to go back to stock i have a xv6900 and the rom is 3.04.671.2 and the radio is 3.37.10 and pri is 2.03_002 and my gps doesnt work all settings are correct phone, is unlocked. only problem is i cant ruu a custom rom or any other rom to my phone so im stuck and need some help its been a long battle and this is my 2nd phone 1st replacement curtesy of verizon as internet didnt work cuz of customizations. please help
Old 04-17-2009, 02:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: 3 days and nothing only problems need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by livefree420 View Post
ok so i have gone through so many posts and roms and im stuck i need help i keep getting error 260 and 264 during the ruu rom update and now im stuck in the 80s with a wm 6 and cant even get past that error to go back to stock i have a xv6900 and the rom is 3.04.671.2 and the radio is 3.37.10 and pri is 2.03_002 and my gps doesnt work all settings are correct phone, is unlocked. only problem is i cant ruu a custom rom or any other rom to my phone so im stuck and need some help its been a long battle and this is my 2nd phone 1st replacement curtesy of verizon as internet didnt work cuz of customizations. please help

all right, breath... breath ....

Lets start from the beginning ... and no some questions sound like Im thinking your dumb, Im not asking because of that just trying to eliminate the issues one step at a time

you have a HTC Vogue (touch)?

you have unlocked with 2.31 from ImCokeMan? or did you use he .41 thinking you were not going to use GPS so that was the right one to use (BTW it isnt if thats the case)
- when you unlocked, it completed successfully right?

are you attempting to flash from Activesync or Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC for short) or are you attempting to flash from Bootloader mode?

Have you only been connecting and attempting to flash from only the one USB on your PC?
- Have you tried to run the flash from other USB connections on your PC and what happend if you did? if you havent try that ...

in case you dont know how to flash via bootloader mode

press and hold the power+camera+stylus in reset hole until tri-color screen comes up - it will say serial at bottom of screen
at that point connect to your PC with the USB cable and it should change to saying USB now
At this point double click the RomUpdateUtility.exe file and follow the directions
-----------------------------------------------------------------
The other option to flashing via Bootloader mode is off the SD Card

find your original SD card or any current SD card you have that is 2GB or less
Format it via Windows as FAT32
re-insert the card back into your phone and turn it on
Copy the desired ROM you want to use *.nbh file to this card and then rename it to VOGUIMG.nbh
Now go into bootloader mode (see above) and it should read the VOGUIMG.nbh file automatically and begin flashing your phone right from the SD card
----------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully some of this will help or at least allow you to answer to find out more whats going on and then you can get better answers from that info

Detroit Doug

Old 04-17-2009, 02:48 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

livefree420 is a n00b

yes i have the vogue, i have 2.31 coke, i use activesync, and use bootloader i have only tried on this one usb port but it worked before it kinda just stopped, i dont power camera reset to get there it auto goes into it with ruu but i just tried that and now it went to the color screen then straight to
"voguimg.nbh -
bootloader -

press power to start update image"

if i do power camera reset then run ruu it fails after verifying phone, if i let ruu do it it goes thru everything until after i click update.

--------------------------

i press power it completes and is successful on the phone but not on the laptop it stays at 0% for a while then goes to error 260 or 264 and says connection

do i need to have usb conn on or off in activesync at this point also if the ruu has a pic of a phone other than the vogue, even though im in the vogue forums getting the rom for a vogue, some have diff phone pics
Old 04-17-2009, 03:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by livefree420 View Post
yes i have the vogue, i have 2.31 coke, i use activesync, and use bootloader i have only tried on this one usb port but it worked before it kinda just stopped, i dont power camera reset to get there it auto goes into it with ruu but i just tried that and now it went to the color screen then straight to
"voguimg.nbh -
bootloader -

press power to start update image"

if i do power camera reset then run ruu it fails after verifying phone, if i let ruu do it it goes thru everything until after i click update.

--------------------------

i press power it completes and is successful on the phone but not on the laptop it stays at 0% for a while then goes to error 260 or 264 and says connection

do i need to have usb conn on or off in activesync at this point also if the ruu has a pic of a phone other than the vogue, even though im in the vogue forums getting the rom for a vogue, some have diff phone pics

OK, first, dont worry about the pic in the RUU.exe file that doesnt matter as long as it is a Vogue ROM your getting from here or xda or wherever your fine

OK, working off a laptop USB does ring some bells, the USB on in Activesync should be OK if you can connect/browse the device its good, but make sure power management is off on your USB port/Hubs through Device mangler umm manager - seems I remember some issues where that is enabled causing communication issues to the phone hence the 260/26* connection errors

Did you try the SD card bootloader mode, I use that method often, its quick and stable and all self contained (no USB/Windows issues) and if you use the original 512MB SD card that came with your phone its nice to keep that to the side for future flashing if said issues with USB/AS flashing fails like your having now

Just an idea that usually works and forgive me if youve mentioned this and I forogt (damn tired here) did you:
- flash back to stock
- then unlock with 2.31
- then up your radio (if needed again as it will drop your radio back to original version)
- then flash the custom ROM again
I actually just had to do this the other week when I was editing some files and got it to work, but wanted a step by step so I hard reset and had some issues and ended up going through those steps to get back to my current WinMO 6.5 up and running again

Detroit Doug
Old 04-17-2009, 04:11 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

livefree420 is a n00b

i havent tried the sd card this time i did before but i will try that tomorrow.

i have tried to go back to stock but it gives me the same error now, so im stuck in wm 6 i cant get back to wm 6.1 and i cant stand the unthreaded texts i feel like my parents when they first started texting its a whole new world.

my phone currently is unlocked with some wm 6 rom not really sure which one it is.

so basically according to the posts i read, i should be sitting with gps access as of now but i have no gps the gps settings are correct and i run any number of diff gps apps and none connect to gps. so im in wm 6 thats supposed to be gps capable as i follwed a guide to the T. so the rom that was in the post and everything i followed correctly and this is where i sit. i am subscribed to this thread so i will get an email on my phone so anytime i would appreciate
Old 04-17-2009, 04:13 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

livefree420 is a n00b

and one other thing should i use unlocker 2.31 or 2.4 that i saw somewhere. and if i should use 2.4 does anyone have a link cuz the one i saw was dead. also does anyone have a link to the best radio that i should use as well. thank you for you help, im trying everything i can think of or read so its frustrating
Old 04-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

livefree420 is a n00b

ok tried te sd card and it didnt work so if anybody else has any ideas on what to do then please let me know wm6 sucks compared to 6.1 and im stuck in 6
Old 04-21-2009, 02:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Eris
Carrier: Verizon

ruslan is becoming a great contributor

try running leaked official verizon rom (search here on forum) from sd card.
I had no radio issue on my xv6900 and only been able to fix running official rom from sd. It actually failed on first run but worked on second. Try running few times, maybe it will do the trick. Hope it helps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue