PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: USCC

ultiwarrior13 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help With Unlocking Vogue

Hi I'm running Windows Vista 64-bit and when I try to run the unloader it says one of the files is incompatible with 64-bit Vista. Is there any other unlocker that will work with Windows Vista 64-bit? Or is there a manual way to unlock the phone?
Old 04-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Help With Unlocking Vogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultiwarrior13 View Post
Hi I'm running Windows Vista 64-bit and when I try to run the unloader it says one of the files is incompatible with 64-bit Vista. Is there any other unlocker that will work with Windows Vista 64-bit? Or is there a manual way to unlock the phone?
If you are referring to the "sleep4.exe" (or something like that) error that occurs on 64 bit operating systems when attempting to unlock a phone

Dont worry about it, its a non-needed orphaned part of the application that at one time was utilized, you can just hit the OK button (should ask you like 4 times) and it will continue along and unlock your phone

Detroit Doug

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ultiwarrior13 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit_doug View Post
If you are referring to the "sleep4.exe" (or something like that) error that occurs on 64 bit operating systems when attempting to unlock a phone

Dont worry about it, its a non-needed orphaned part of the application that at one time was utilized, you can just hit the OK button (should ask you like 4 times) and it will continue along and unlock your phone

Detroit Doug
Thank you!
Old 04-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Thank you!

I assume that the information helped and your phone is now unlocked?

if so great, flashing junkies anonymous meetings are the 3rd Wednesday of last week, stand up state your name and ROM of choice

LOL

Detroit Doug
Old 04-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ultiwarrior13 is a n00b

lol, I ran the program and everything goes good except for the last step. It says the SPL is 0.41.coke. I restarted the phone and it keeps restarting on its own. Now its stuck in bootloader mode. I don't know what to do lol. I tried running a ROM update from my computer and it says it cannot connect. I also tried updating my ROM to the official ROM from US Cellular through memory card and it says it fails. What should I do?
Old 04-16-2009, 09:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
lol, I ran the program and everything goes good except for the last step. It says the SPL is 0.41.coke. I restarted the phone and it keeps restarting on its own. Now its stuck in bootloader mode. I don't know what to do lol. I tried running a ROM update from my computer and it says it cannot connect. I also tried updating my ROM to the official ROM from US Cellular through memory card and it says it fails. What should I do?

Yeah, you attempted to unlock with the wrong one -use the 2.31 unlocker from where you got the .41 (non -gps) unlocker from

at that point you want to pull the phone from the cable
put phone in bootloader mode yourself
connect phone back to cable
start the ROmUpdateUtility.exe in the 2.31 version (I believe thats the file name - basically do as you did with .41 but with the 2.31 version)
follow steps on screen
wipe hands on pants

Detroit Doug
Old 04-16-2009, 09:15 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ultiwarrior13 is a n00b

Well my phone doesn't have GPS capabilities, does that matter? That why I chose the 0.41 insterad of the 2.31
Old 04-17-2009, 01:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Well my phone doesn't have GPS capabilities, does that matter? That why I chose the 0.41 insterad of the 2.31
If you have the HTC Vogue (Touch) it does indeed have GPS in it - just you might not have it active or your carrier may not support it - but its the same hardware as every other HTC Vogue that was built

Basically My HTC Vogue and your HTC Vogue are the same phone with different software on them, example you and I both have Dell Inspiron 1501 laptops, your would be most likely running MS Windows but I would have erased the hard drive and put Linux on mine - same laptops, different software

Detroit Doug

Last edited by detroit_doug; 04-17-2009 at 01:06 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ultiwarrior13 is a n00b

Well I successfully flashed everything correctly, thanks to your help! Now how can I test if my GPS works? Or do you know if US Cellular supports it.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Well I successfully flashed everything correctly, thanks to your help! Now how can I test if my GPS works? Or do you know if US Cellular supports it.

for that you will want to refer to your carriers website or tech support, I really know little to nothing of US Cell other than what youve mentioned LOL

Im on Sprint and have been Sprint for a long time and prior to that was a couple pay as you go and Verizon before that (shudder) LOL

Depending on the ROM you flashed to, look around in the programs or settings for a GPSviewer or some other GPS app - basically it will determine the GPS capability in your phone and if you are picking up sats or not

Just remember if scan doesnt detect it the settings for the GPS device is COM4 Speed:4800

Detroit Doug

Last edited by detroit_doug; 04-17-2009 at 10:58 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue