PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 09:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: sprint

graphic914 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint 4G

Sprint is going from 3G to 4G network, will I see a difference on my touch?
Old 04-14-2009, 09:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700
Carrier: Sprint

ran-o-matic is a n00b
Re: Sprint 4G

No, you wont.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:21 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

To explain a little further than ran-o-matic:

3G and 4G are just cute little nicknames for different kinds of cell phone radio frequencies (they stand for 3rd Generation and 4th Generation). What is called 3G is what we have on our Touch (EVDO). 4G is being called Wimax and is only being rolled out in limited areas right now.

The reason you won't see any difference on your touch is because each G or frequency requires a different radio for it to work. The Touch Radio supports up to EVDO Rev.A. The next generation of phones and wireless cards will be the ones to gain from the 4G network.

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 04-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

I was just discussing this with my store's sprint representative. If i remember correctly, Sprint won't have a smartphone that supports the Wimax network until after it is rolled out nation-wide, which makes sense, i guess. Will this, however, make our signal stronger or more reliable, given that they are putting out new equipment on the towers at that point?

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
I was just discussing this with my store's sprint representative. If i remember correctly, Sprint won't have a smartphone that supports the Wimax network until after it is rolled out nation-wide, which makes sense, i guess. Will this, however, make our signal stronger or more reliable, given that they are putting out new equipment on the towers at that point?

If you read up on the 3G/4G situation on Sprint itself, 11 cities across the US - Boston being the first will have 4G capabilities in and through 2009
In 2010 and 2011 Sprint states it will roll out 4G throughout the rest of the country and into handsets

Currently to access 4G you need a laptop and a 4G modem that plugs into your laptops USB port (yes, desktop PC can do this as well but why?? LOL)

Im speculating here, but by the time 4G is rolled out through the US fully 5G will be in place and 6G around the corner

Detroit Doug

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue