PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 06:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: Sprint

20Jaidon05 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lil advanced noob here,

I've searched around and still having issues. I'm having issues installing but Dialers and Keyboards. Can someone point me to where I am making the mistake? After I download both cabs ( keyboard and Dialer ) I use the setup.xml this opens up the internet ; just like the dcd carrier cab. After file completes I soft reset my touch. When it starts back up I still have the same keyboard and dialer. Wtf??
Old 04-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Lil advanced noob here,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiden05 View Post
I've searched around and still having issues. I'm having issues installing but Dialers and Keyboards. Can someone point me to where I am making the mistake? After I download both cabs ( keyboard and Dialer ) I use the setup.xml this opens up the internet ; just like the dcd carrier cab. After file completes I soft reset my touch. When it starts back up I still have the same keyboard and dialer. Wtf??

Best bet is to ask where you got the Dialer and Keyboard from.. If they still cant or wont help then ask in a new thread like this one

But really, its going to be difficult at best for anyone to help you out when you dont give any details.

Stock or Custom ROM?

Stock interface, TF2D/Manila, M2D or WinMO 6.5?

What Keyboard are you trying to use?

What dialer are you attempting to install?

Again, its usually best to pose questions at the source you got them first then open it up to anyone if they cant or wont help you out

Detroit Doug

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Verizon XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon

denasqu is keeping up the good workdenasqu is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to denasqu

Quote:
The cab files are supposed to be copied to your Vogue and run from your Vogue. You shouldn't even be seeing the setup.xml.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

20Jaidon05 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by denasqu View Post
The cab files are supposed to be copied to your Vogue and run from your Vogue. You shouldn't even be seeing the setup.xml.

I get so confused what to extract and what not. The dialer I tried to install was the diamond blk dialer.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Keir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to Keir333 Send a message via Yahoo to Keir333 Send a message via Skype™ to Keir333

Quote:
When you click on a cab file to download it from this site or any other one,
you'll see a pop up window for the file download with three options:

Open Save Cancel

You should be cicking on "Save" not "Open"

You've been seeing the setup.xml file because you clicked "Open" instead of "Save"

Once you've saved the file to your computer, just transfer the whole file to your phone
and using your phone's file explorer, locate the file and click on it there.

It will then automatically run the installation.

Hope this helps, and if it did, don't forget to hit the green "Thanks" button in the lower right corner

-Keir-
Old 04-10-2009, 10:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

20Jaidon05 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit_doug View Post
Best bet is to ask where you got the Dialer and Keyboard from.. If they still cant or wont help then ask in a new thread like this one

But really, its going to be difficult at best for anyone to help you out when you dont give any details.

Stock or Custom ROM?

Stock interface, TF2D/Manila, M2D or WinMO 6.5?

What Keyboard are you trying to use?

What dialer are you attempting to install?

Again, its usually best to pose questions at the source you got them first then open it up to anyone if they cant or wont help you out

Detroit Doug

Is what I am using. The dialer was the touch Blk dialer. No keyboard just yet using the one that came with the rom.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue