PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: alltel

hhp_211 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
trying to upgrade & Frustrated

Hi All
I'm trying to upgrade my alltel Touch (Vogue, 6900, yadda, yadda, and so forth) & I'm Frustrated.
I have tried about 3 times now with same results, So I'm looking to you for help.

I previously loaded Alltel's ROM update (WM6.1 / LBS Update – Version 3.10.671.1) - that went fine
now I'm trying to install imcokeman's 2.31 unlocker - this is where my problems have begun...
as far as I understand the Alltel ROM has made my phone GPS enabled... although I have not tested it yet, so hopefully I'm trying the right one here.

in the About section my phone reads WM 6.1 Pro
CE OS 5.2.19208

Device Information reads
ROM version 3.1.671.1
Radio version 3.42.30
PRL Version 30008
PRI version 2.02_011

I am following a tutorial over at ppckitchen.org

You MUST be able to boot the device to Windows Mobile and be synced in order to run this unlocker. Follow the directions VERY closely: there are 2 diff parts to the unlocking process that MUST be done in proper order for it to work.

Check, check-we are good

When you run the Hard-SPL-MFG.exe, it will open a MSDOS window telling you to connect your device with ActiveSync before continuing. .. Then it will prompt you to press any key to continue. The DOS window will show “Initializing........” then “The next step will be to load a temporary SPL to ram with JumpSPL” and Press any key to continue…

When I fisrt run the "Vogue_unlocker_MFG_2.31.exe", my destination folder comes up as "tmpvg23" I click install...

then the above...
This works, kind of... I do get an error right off the bat saying " cant load the VDM IPX/SPX support.." and “The next step will be to load a temporary SPL to ram with JumpSPL” and Press any key to continue…

Check, check-we are good

Press any key and it will put your device in bootloader mode (tri-color screen). The DOS window will show “You must now disconnect and reconnect the device from your PC. Do not make any other changes at this time, but don't skip this part.” You MUST disconnect the device from the USB cable and reconnect again. Then you will Press any key to continue again.

Press any key..Check, ...You must now disconnect and reconnect the device from your PC. Do not make any other changes at this time, but don't skip this part.” You MUST disconnect the device from the USB cable and reconnect again." Check, check...AND...

Now I'm basically stuck in spl-2.00.coke and cannot get my activesync to re-connect
Screen displays VOGU100 MFG
SPL-2.00.Coke
CPLD-3

Before I can disconnect my usb I can hear activesync disconnect sound, then I disconnect and reconnect (shows serial, and I hear usb disconnect) and reconnect (shows usb, and I hear usb connect) ((I also have verified this with USBDeview, that its connected and disconnected))...
but no activesync !?!??...

Then...

At that time the Rom Update Utility (RUU) will open. You must check the box “I understand the caution above and have reviewed the Readme” then click Next. You will then check the box that says “I have completed the steps indicated above” and click Next again. There will be a status window for a short period of time, followed by another window prompting you to Update your device. Click the Update button in that window, then click Next 2 times. This will begin the update process.

I can try to go through this process by checking the two boxes, but the activesync is not established,...so therefor it fails...

what am I missing???

Old 04-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hhp_211 is a n00b
Re: trying to upgrade & Frustrated

well dang...sort-of

This time as I did it ...

It shows a grey screen after I click
Image version is blank...blah, blah
and ..it looks like it is upgrading !!!!!!!!!!!

stay tuned...
Old 04-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hhp_211 is a n00b

during this I followed the steps listed here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...66&postcount=5

hard resetting after first customizations, waiting and going through it again...

hopefully now I can load NFSFAN's 1.05 Alltel ROM.rar

It was so frustrating that I tried 3 or so other times to do this and it would NOT update and this time it goes through without a hitch.

Oh well, maybe I should type my way to more upgrades

Old 04-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hhp_211 is a n00b

OK Now that that process finished I went back to imcokeman's command window and pressed any key it asks me this:

At this time, follow the directions and disable UBS connections in Activesync by right clicking the Activesync icon on your taskbar, then Connection Settings. Uncheck the box that reads Allow USB connections then close Connection Settings. In the DOS window, press any key to run the exit-bootloader program. At this time your device should exit bootloader mode and reset itself.

I disconnected but I did not see the phone exit bootloader mode and reset itself.

What should I do from here?
Reboot phone, soft reset, hard reset? - go have fun?
How do I check to see which bootloader version I have?

Old 04-10-2009, 04:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hhp_211 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhp_211 View Post
I disconnected but I did not see the phone exit bootloader mode and reset itself.

What should I do from here?
Reboot phone, soft reset, hard reset? - go have fun?
How do I check to see which bootloader version I have?
no ideas on this,... anyone?

Help

I did a couple soft resets and have been playing around with it, but
active sync doesn't seem to work right now? Thoughts.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhp_211 View Post
no ideas on this,... anyone?

Help

I did a couple soft resets and have been playing around with it, but
active sync doesn't seem to work right now? Thoughts.

Well I would help but seriously I have NO idea where you at with this...
You read my other post, good...

To check for unlock version, press and hold power+camera+stylus in reset hole - this will give you the rainbow screen whats it say at the top left (all of it)

then we can go from there, as for NFSFANs ROM - questions on those (like with ANY rom) should be in the thread of where you got it - fastest way to get the answers your looking for

Detroit Doug

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hhp_211 is a n00b

I did figure out the active sync problem in the - settings - USB to PC - UN_check "enable faster data synchronization"

like an idiot it even gives you the disclaimer to "clear the box if Activesync does not recognize the device."

bam-- it sync'ed right up.

Thanks Doug ...I was guessing to do that:: "To check for unlock version, press and hold power+camera+stylus in reset hole - this will give you the rainbow screen whats it say at the top left (all of it)"
I didn't want to lock it up or anything.

I guess I upgraded right... but it was weird there at the end, instructions not the clearest to me, i guess.

maybe now I'll try the new upgrade - NFSFAN's 6.5 21202 V6 GENERIC CARRIER ROM + Altell .cab, now that I have a taste for modding my phone.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

starkillernz is a n00b

This may not be of any help cause I'm pretty new at this with the Touch as well as I used to have a Titan but have you tried enabling USB connections in Activesync and flashing a ROM on top?

Sounds like you're getting to the right screen (the tri colour screen is what allows you to flash new ROMs on top) but you haven't flashing any OS.

Try hard reseting, enabling USB connections in Activesync and flashing a ROM on top?

Dunno if that's any help :s
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue