PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 02:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch vx6900
Carrier: verizon

tacomanmcjab is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help a noob

I'm sorry If this has been asked before but I want to run a custom rom ojn my verizon xv6900 and do not see a sticky on how to do this or anything and am kinda confused.

So I understand that I must

1. unlock my phone using this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20370
But it says I must have a 3.xx rom I believe my rom is 1.60.30
(I checked by starting up my phone and looking after the R
SO How do I do that???

2. I must UPDATE my radio?? I dont know what that means.

3. THen flash my rom

I want to use this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=432487&page=238

I have no idea how to do this.

Sorry for sounding like such a huge NOOB. Could someone please be kind enought to tell me how to do this in a step by step kinda way?

Thank you so much
Old 04-09-2009, 03:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Eris
Carrier: Verizon

ruslan is becoming a great contributor
Re: Help a noob

try this post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48945
Old 04-09-2009, 11:33 AM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

You need to find Verizons latest release and flash it first before you do anything else. This will update your radio to the GPS enabled one.
Then run imcoke's unlocker.
Then flash NFSFAN's newest release
Then hard reset
Then you may have to browse around alittle cause I think theres a GPS fix you need to do to get GPS working correctly on a Verizon Vogue.

Hope this helps, have fun!

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 04-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tacomanmcjab is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
You need to find Verizons latest release and flash it first before you do anything else. This will update your radio to the GPS enabled one.
Then run imcoke's unlocker.
Then flash NFSFAN's newest release
Then hard reset
Then you may have to browse around alittle cause I think theres a GPS fix you need to do to get GPS working correctly on a Verizon Vogue.

Hope this helps, have fun!
OK I updated to verizonons rom then used COKES unlocker and unlocked my phone.

How do I flash The rom I want??
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...32487&page=238

I downloaded NFSFANS's lates 6.5 Rom and in it are a bunch of .EXE files and other things. Which ones do I load, What do I do??

Thanks in Advanced
Old 04-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomanmcjab View Post
OK I updated to verizonons rom then used COKES unlocker and unlocked my phone.

How do I flash The rom I want??
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...32487&page=238

I downloaded NFSFANS's lates 6.5 Rom and in it are a bunch of .EXE files and other things. Which ones do I load, What do I do??

Thanks in Advanced

Your best bet is to read the thread about flashing a custom ROM, failing to do that here is the breakdown of it (PS always ask questions about a specific ROM in that thread, going to get the fastest, best responce there rather than random thread out in the wild as it were)

OK, Assuming you unlocked with ImCokeMans 2.31 Unlocker then let it go and flashed back to your original ROM again, lets start here...

You want to extract the RAR file into a folder (all the exe and nbh files you said you see)

Pick up your phone and press and hold the Power+camera+stylus in reset hole until the tri-color screen comes up, it should say SERIAL at the bottom

release the buttons and stylus and then plug the phone into your USB cable, at this point the SERIAL should now say USB

On your desktop find the file RomUpdateUtility.exe and double-click it, follow the directions clicking next all the way though... be patient you will eventually see the tri-color screen change to a progress bar - leave the phone alone for a couple minutes until it reboots

Hit finish on the desktop, dont there for now...

When you phone starts it will take some time for the ROM to start, run through the setup then Autorun the customizations, when done it will reboot again

THEN as it is restarting, press and hold the red+green+stylus in reset hole until the screen changes to a gray screen - hit the center of the D-Pad button and eventually this progress bar will complete asking you to hit the end key (green button on front) do so, it will reboot again (last time almost, really)

then let the same startup and configurations happen again this time though go through and set it all up as you want, let the autorun complete and the phone reboot (now that s the last time)

the phone will start up and your ready to go almost, test your internet, phone, text, etc .. if you are having issues head over to where you got the ROM from and ask your questions there, people will help you out the best they can

congrats, you just learned how to flash your phone from bootloader mode
welcome to the addiction the rest of us share

Detroit Doug

Old 04-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tacomanmcjab is a n00b
Re: Help a noob HELP SOMETHINGS WRONG

Ok I am now running windows mobile 6.5 rom.

But when I try to make a call Verizon says " we are currently unable to authenticate your phone" Must I reactivate it, what should I do.

BTW I love my new rom

Last edited by tacomanmcjab; 04-09-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

But when I try to make a call Verizon says " we are currently unable to authenticate your phone" Must I reactivate it, what should I do.

BTW I love my new rom

OK, you obviously skipped over this part ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit_doug View Post
(PS always ask questions about a specific ROM in that thread, going to get the fastest, best responce there rather than random thread out in the wild as it were)

Detroit Doug

Head on over and ask over here again, if you ask the question directly in the thread of the ROM in question people that have either had the issue your having have either asked and been answered or can work together on the issue

Its the direct best route to LEARNING how to use a custom ROM, who knows maybe the guy that created the ROM will help you directly as well

Detroit Doug
Old 04-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tacomanmcjab is a n00b

Ok sorry about htat and thankyou DetroitDoug for your help. I asked overthere so hopfully someone should be able to help me.

Thanks
Old 04-16-2009, 06:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Eris

ruslan is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

BTW I love my new rom
This happens after radio upgrade or hard reset. Call verizon up and tell them exactly what it says, they will fix it in a couple of minutes. If they ask what happend, tell them you had to hard reset your phone.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue