PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 05:43 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Just Stepped Out Of Radio Shack

And the touch was going for $20! The guy said i couldn't use my discount and not activate it though You guys think i would be able to buy it then immediatly switch back to my pro service wise

Old 04-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart
Talking Re: Just Stepped Out Of Radio Shack

Hey Hibby! I work at radioshack. You can definitely buy the phone with your upgrade and switch back to your old phone. In fact, people ask us to do this all the time. The only thing that might a be a bit of a pain in the *** is the actual switch back. We use SNAP, the older/third party version of Sprints corporate access system, and it can be a bit tempermental. Worst case scenario, you and the sales associate would have to call Sprint sales support and manually get the new lock code for your old phone. This will 100% definitely NOT blacklist the new Touch's ESN or MEID. This transaction should definitely not be any sort of problem whatsoever. If you can get to Highland IL, i'll be able to hook you up, most def

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy
Re: Just Stepped Out Of Radio Shack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
Hey Hibby! I work at radioshack. You can definitely buy the phone with your upgrade and switch back to your old phone. In fact, people ask us to do this all the time. The only thing that might a be a bit of a pain in the *** is the actual switch back. We use SNAP, the older/third party version of Sprints corporate access system, and it can be a bit tempermental. Worst case scenario, you and the sales associate would have to call Sprint sales support and manually get the new lock code for your old phone. This will 100% definitely NOT blacklist the new Touch's ESN or MEID. This transaction should definitely not be any sort of problem whatsoever. If you can get to Highland IL, i'll be able to hook you up, most def
Switching back to the PRO won't be a problem because it can be done online through your Sprint account. And switching back to the pro is much easier because it auto program once you swap ESN. I switch Sprint phones back and forth a lot.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by 510jungleboy View Post
Switching back to the PRO won't be a problem because it can be done online through your Sprint account. And switching back to the pro is much easier because it auto program once you swap ESN. I switch Sprint phones back and forth a lot.
Yeah, recently sprint made it a lot easier. You can still be safe in the knowledge that if everything fails to work automatically, you're only looking at 10 minutes of work to set it right.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue, HTC 5800, Touch it like a Pro!
Carrier: Verizon

shadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
And the touch was going for $20! The guy said i couldn't use my discount and not activate it though You guys think i would be able to buy it then immediatly switch back to my pro service wise
My buddy told me he saw "your phone" for sale cheap, around 20$. I refused to believe him, he just got a 700wx and isnt very wise in the PPC area so I figured he saw a different phone and must have mistaken it for the touch.

***ZEBRAPPC***

zebra cases are for L337 pimps.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:20 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g
Threadstarter

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

thanks for the answers guys, i decided to pass it up because i have 4 lined on my plan and my phone is the only one out of contract, so i figured it was better that way.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch WM6.5

acontrasto is keeping up the good workacontrasto is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to acontrasto

I was gonna say, if you buy it and switch back to the pro, I'll buy the touch from you for a decent price. Mine's a bit scratched up and I wouldn't mind a make-over, if the price was right.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:28 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

I saw this at my local Radioshack as well. I think all Radioshack's would have this deal.

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue