PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 06:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: bell

cenozoite is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help: Entering multiple tasks on taskbar?

Can anyone confirm/help with this behavior? When in the Tasks app on WM and typing a new task into entry bar at the top, the first time it works fine. I can hit Enter and the task gets added to the list. However, after that point if tap the entry bar again to enter a second task, the cursor appears correctly but typing letters on the keyboard has no effect whatsoever. Nothing appears in the entry field. Until I type either Space or Backspace, at which point I can again type regular letters and they will show up.

Does anyone else encounter this issue, and is there any known fix? Also, what is the normal behavior after hitting Enter to confirm a new task. Is the cursor supposed to stay active in the cleared entry bar, ready for a new entry, the way it does on regular Outlook for full-sized Windows Desktop? For me it disappears and the text "Tap here to enter a new task" fills the entry bar until I click it again. I have to do this every time, which can be annoying if I wanted to enter ten new tasks in a row.

Any help is appreciated, thanks...
Old 04-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cenozoite is a n00b
Re: Help: Entering multiple tasks on taskbar?

No replies at all? Could someone else with a Vogue please just test this and let me know the results? Just go to Tasks list, click in the new task entry bar at the top, type in a new task, hit Enter on the keyboard, then tell me:

1) Where does the cursor go immediately after that? Does it stay in the new task entry bar, ready for more text? And..

2) If you try to enter a second task at this point from the new task entry bar, do the letters you type show up? Or do you have to hit backspace or spacebar before they do?

Please and thank you...
Old 04-01-2009, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700>htc 6800>htc 6900>htc 6850>touch pro 2!
Carrier: Sprint sero

kaeslumz is keeping up the good workkaeslumz is keeping up the good workkaeslumz is keeping up the good work

ill try in a minute..hold up let me power it up!
Old 04-01-2009, 03:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700>htc 6800>htc 6900>htc 6850>touch pro 2!
Carrier: Sprint sero

kaeslumz is keeping up the good workkaeslumz is keeping up the good workkaeslumz is keeping up the good work

aight you have the check mark the first task by just clicking on the box and then entering the new task bro..if the box is empty the problem occurs with me as well..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cenozoite is a n00b

Thanks for your help kaeslumz, I appreciate it. At least i know it's not just my particular ROM or whatever. By the "box" you just mean the entry bar at the top that says "Tap here to enter a new task", right? That's all I have at the top of my screen, along with two icons for Priority (! and down-arrow). The only way I've been able to re-activate that entry area is to hit backspace or spacebar. Are you doing it a different way?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue