PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 11:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue 6900
Carrier: Sprint

qanda6900 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Another dreaded HTC Sprint/GPS question....

My HTC Vogue (6900) only shows External GPS icon in the Settings/System menu. The registry key HKLM/controlpanel/gps shows a "1" for Hide reg_dword. I changed it to "0", soft reset but no other GPS icon appears.

Is the External GPS icon the only one? I thought WM6.1 had an internal gps.

Will the phone work without a Sprint data connection if I install Garmin or Tom Tom app with maps, or will I need an 'external gps enabler' ????

I've read just about all the "GPS" threads here, and still don't understand this phone's gps capability.

Very confusing issue.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Another dreaded HTC Sprint/GPS question....

The HTC Vogue/Sprint Touch has built-in GPS and it was enabled with the latest stock 6.1 ROM from HTC

are you using stock 6.1 or a custom ROM 6.1?

if stock, have you tried downloading and flashing to the latest?

have you tried unlocking and using a custom ROM?

What radio version are you using?

As your Sprint as I am, have you checked in your registry under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\SUPL AGPS

And made sure the settings below are in your registry?

"ServerIP"="68.28.31.49"
"ServerPort"=dword:00001399

Just some ideas

Detroit Doug

Last edited by detroit_doug; 03-31-2009 at 01:00 AM.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

qanda6900 is a n00b

Doug,
The ROM is stock as far as I know, HTC WM6.1 RevA LBS Update – Version 3.03.651.4 released in June, 2008. HTC says that it is the latest update to the ROM.
I know little about flashing custom ROMs and fear putting the phone out of service.
The radio is 3.42.30.

As for the registry, both the server port, and IP are different. What exactly do those entries control? Are they set to a specific user, or are they standard for Sprint users?

Do they allow connection of the device to an internet server? I don't have a data plan anymore (too expensive).... so are the port and IP settings necessary?

Thanks for helping me. I am lost on this stuff.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by qanda6900 View Post
Doug,
The ROM is stock as far as I know, HTC WM6.1 RevA LBS Update – Version 3.03.651.4 released in June, 2008. HTC says that it is the latest update to the ROM.
I know little about flashing custom ROMs and fear putting the phone out of service.
The radio is 3.42.30.
Well this part sounds good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by qanda6900 View Post
As for the registry, both the server port, and IP are different. What exactly do those entries control? Are they set to a specific user, or are they standard for Sprint users?

Do they allow connection of the device to an internet server? I don't have a data plan anymore (too expensive).... so are the port and IP settings necessary?

Thanks for helping me. I am lost on this stuff.
Yes the settings are important...
Sprint specific not user specific...
and without a data plan how can you expect to connect?
- I am not 100% but I believe you need a data contract to connect to gain access, there may be a hack or something in the way of ICS Hack but I dont know it if it exists for what you want directly and they would eventually see you connected and block it and your phone ESN eventually anyway

Detroit Doug
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

qanda6900 is a n00b

Doug,
Thanks. You cleared things up a bit for me. Right now, things are tight, so the data plan had to be given up. I'll have to live without email and such for awhile. As for GPS, I think an app from Garmin or TomTom with the maps included, might be the solution.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue