PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 12:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900, ipaq h2200
Carrier: 'rizon

mmmbuh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WAP Question(s)

Before I get started, yes I'm new to this forum; yes I'm new to scrambling my phone's functionality through boredom and being too cheap to pay for options that should be free (or a whole lot less expensive)...
I've spent a couple hours searching and can't locate what I'm looking for in a compact explaination...it doesn't help that there seems to be little on dealing with Verizon with this phone.
To make a long stort short (too late already), I'm simply trying to find a way, if possible, to view basic web content on my xv6900 without the expensive data plan - yes I know, mentioned already, but not in the way I did it before. I use as a model my previous phone, a Chocolate Mint vx8550. It was actually a very simple matter of changing just one value in the "paramtable1.fil" with bitpim, then accessing the system with "##program8550" and changing, in the proxy settings, the address and port values, and I was done. Turned the phone off, then on again, went to Get It Now...News and Info (which loaded Verizon Wireless Mobile Web), and I was online for free, except the minute usage on my plan, the same as if I was calling someone. No re-activating the phone, etc - took all of maybe 7 minutes to do. I simply am looking to see if anything similar to that is workable for the xv6900, or not, if it's a totally different system setup on Verizon's network. I'm not looking for streaming video or big downloads or gps, etc, just simple browsing such as reading the local newspaper or whatever.
If there is a thread here that answers this specifically, sorry, I missed it, or just plain didn't understand it, as I'm a total rom-flashing virgin with this stuff. Also, I just don't have the time to devote to searching much more...between caring for my 11 month old son (man, that's a lot like work), and looking for a new job. (Aren't these cronic lay-offs great?) So, just hoping for a little good-natured help with this. If there is a thread on this I missed, let me know please...thanks much
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue