PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 01:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

goonie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Alarm Issues

I am wondering if there is a setting that I am not aware off with the default alarm in WM6. I am running the current stock rom and the alarm just doesn't seem to work right.

When I configure one of the alarms say for 7:00am and it goes of I get the normal sound but a popup that says Alarm 1 of 7. So I have to click dismiss 7 times. After each dismiss the message counts up ex. 1 of 7, 2 of 7 etc... I thought WM6 only had 3 alarm configurations so I am not sure how I am getting Alarm 1 of 7.

When I change the time from 7:00am to say 10:00am and soft reset the alarm is reset back to 7:00am. The only way to get it to stay at 10:00am after a soft reset is if I uncheck the alarm box and recheck it. After doing so though the alarm now goes off at 7:00am and 10:00am even though it is only set for 10:00am. I also now get alarm 1 of 8 everytime the alarm goes off.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if I just don't know how to use the alarm.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900 MR1 w/customization
Carrier: Verizon

wmnoobie is just getting started
Re: Alarm Issues

This won't be what you want to hear, but I started having alarm issues in Feb. which were only resolved with a hard reset Note: I had upgraded to wm6.1 at that time.
I would probably tell you to search some more before the hard reset- but did want to let you know that you aren't the only one to have these problems
Old 03-25-2009, 10:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Verizon XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon

denasqu is keeping up the good workdenasqu is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to denasqu

WM has had alarm issues for a long time. You may want to look at Pocket Mechanic. It's not freeware but it has a utility for cleaning up the notification queue.... as wall a bunch of other system utilities.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

goonie is a n00b

Thanks for the info and I am using the current WM6.1. Hard resetting is not a big deal because I don't use the Touch other then a phone. It's my 5 replacement so I am use to backing everything up. I was just wondering if I really knew how to use the alarm or not. If there was some extra feature that I wasn't aware of because of the notifications for each alarm.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue