PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   *Updated* 3/30/09 Downgraded to 32GB HTC Touch from 32GB TP....... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62316)

510jungleboy 03-24-2009 11:06 PM

*Updated* 3/30/09 Downgraded to 32GB HTC Touch from 32GB TP.......

5 Attachment(s)
Ever since I heard about new model from HTC coming Sprint/Nextel way, I decided to ditch my HTC Touch Pro. I do it so that i can get whats worth now and save that money for the new and upcoming HTC handset. I simply think that my action is made for the best. I called it " Downgrade to Upgrade ".

Since I already sold my HTC Touch Pro , I am left with just my adaptor and 32GB SD Card. So I bought a HTC Touch , and mode it the same way i did on my HTC Touch Pro. Enjoy

Adaptor: Just send them an e-mail that you would like to purchase one, and they will send you an invoice. I believe they are around $25 - $30
http://www.ameri-rack.com/APA-TFC1m.html

Cheapest 32GB anywhere:
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1

superx10 03-24-2009 11:51 PM

Re: Downgraded to 32GB HTC Touch from 32GB TP.......

Did the Touch Pro take full size SD cards?
or did you mod it to look just as bad? .heh

frentraken 03-25-2009 06:29 PM

That's actually pretty awesome. Any thoughts or plans to posting perhaps a guide on that? Also how sturdy is that slot, can you pop it in your pocket or into a belt holster without worrying?

510jungleboy 03-25-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frentraken (Post 799283)
That's actually pretty awesome. Any thoughts or plans to posting perhaps a guide on that? Also how sturdy is that slot, can you pop it in your pocket or into a belt holster without worrying?

Thanks. I carry the phone bare in my pants or jacket pocket. The slot if pretty sturdy. I used it bare ever since i had my Touch Pro , and now to the Touch.

If there is a lot of you who are interested in doing this MOD , I can take some pictures of the step by step I have used.

thenikonian 03-25-2009 11:01 PM

Wifi

Nice... I was thinking of doing the same thing not for media but to add WIFI. You should be able to pop in a WIFI SD card and run right? Question... Where did you get the ribbon cable that slides into the micro SD slot?

510jungleboy 03-25-2009 11:33 PM

Re: Wifi

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenikonian (Post 800030)
Nice... I was thinking of doing the same thing not for media but to add WIFI. You should be able to pop in a WIFI SD card and run right? Question... Where did you get the ribbon cable that slides into the micro SD slot?

Check the 1st post. I updated with some info on how to get your hands on the adaptor.

As for SD Wi-Fi , I believe it should work, I haven't tried it yet since I have not found a Cheap SD Wi-Fi card. If you do happen to test it , let me know how it comes out (Eventhough I don't use Wi-Fi)

MoonZ*BabysH 03-25-2009 11:52 PM

uuummmmm......i would never do that to a ppc not even for the extra room. good luck if you need to bring in in for repeir to sprint.

TWO515TY 03-26-2009 01:41 AM

Can I ask what you use all the space for? 8GB MicroSD cards are damn near free ($15-$20) and the cheapest 16gb MicroSD is about $60. What on earth are you storing on your memory card that you need to have access to all the time that takes up 32GB of space? It's a cool mod none the less, but it's aesthetically disturbing, not practical, not cost efficient, and most of all, it seems unnecessary. Why do it?

Eturnulrs704 03-26-2009 02:02 AM

I applaude the genius in its essence. as well as the effort.. But that is the most ungodly frankensteinish thing ive ever seen done to a pocket pc.. :angry7:.
Cool if u can wait for an micro sd.. but its not that serious,:???: good work though all the same.. lol..

510jungleboy 03-26-2009 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWO515TY (Post 800341)
Can I ask what you use all the space for? 8GB MicroSD cards are damn near free ($15-$20) and the cheapest 16gb MicroSD is about $60. What on earth are you storing on your memory card that you need to have access to all the time that takes up 32GB of space? It's a cool mod none the less, but it's aesthetically disturbing, not practical, not cost efficient, and most of all, it seems unnecessary. Why do it?

I put movies, photos, and I record music streaming from Digitally Imported directly on my phone as i listen to it. Movies and Music takes up the most space. A little bit of programs. I also use it as a portable harddrive.

Note: I have about 8 gigs left.....