PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 08:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Telus)

cbstryker is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation HELP! - Stuck on SPL-0.41.coke bootloader and "No Radio"

I have a major issue here. Please bear with me.

I flash my phone to the official 6.1 rom a few months back. Now I recently decided to try a custom rom by NFSFAN. So first thing was to flash the bootloader by IMCokeMan version 0.41. After doing that I flashed the custom rom. Once it booted up my phone kept reboot itself every few seconds or so. It turns out now that it was a battery issue, but I was sure the battery was fine and thought it was simply an incompatibility issue with the rom.

So I then tried to flash the official 6.1 rom back on, but it froze at 44% and then threw a 262 error after a minute or so. I then learned that I needed to flash the IMCokeMan 0.40 unlocker/relocker to get the official rom back on. So I did. Then tried the official rom again, and lone behold, froze at 44% and then gives the 262 error.

Then I thought I'd try the NFSFAN's rom again. So I flashed that. Once it successfully finished and started to load it freezes at the Telus splash screen and "No Radio" appears in red on the screen.

So this is where I'm at. I've tried to flash nearly every bootloader I could find and no matter what I do the bootloader always shows "SPL-0.41.coke". I can't flash any official rom including Telus, Bell or Sprint as they each freeze at different spots but consistently at the same spot individually (Telus at 44%, Bell at 30-some%, Sprint at 29%). I can flash custom roms as well as the beta wm6.5 rom but those don't fully load and give the "No Radio" error.

The ONLY rom I can successfully flash is an old 6.0 rom that someone dumped from a telus vogue. But in this rom under "Device Information" the rom is 1.11.661.1 and the radio version field is blank! And I cannot make data connections, as in I cannot connect to the internet, etc.

So my question to anyone that may know is: why am I having these issues with the radio version? How can I get rid of the SPL-0.41.coke bootloader?

And what can I do at this point? Any help from anyone is a thousand times over appreciated!

-Chris
Old 03-23-2009, 10:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

jacksplat is just getting started
Re: HELP! - Stuck on SPL-0.41.coke bootloader and "No Radio"

You know, I had a similar issue once, and the only thing that got it working was flashing from a different PC for some reason.

Have you tried doing it from the SD card directly? Perhaps with just a radio first?
Old 03-23-2009, 11:36 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

cbstryker is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksplat View Post
You know, I had a similar issue once, and the only thing that got it working was flashing from a different PC for some reason.

Have you tried doing it from the SD card directly? Perhaps with just a radio first?
I've tried it from the SD card with the same results but not from another computer.

Where would I get a radio only file? If you could point that out for me, that'd be great!
Old 03-23-2009, 01:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

Csquared is just getting started

The .41 unlocker is for non GPS vogues. 2.31 is for GPS vogues. Most currect roms are all GPS. This is most likely why you can only load an older rom. You need to get to 2.31. Have you tried to upgrade with the officail Telus GPS rom since you are on a non GPS Telus currently.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:14 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

cbstryker is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbstryker View Post
I can't flash any official rom including Telus, Bell or Sprint as they each freeze at different spots but consistently at the same spot individually (Telus at 44%, Bell at 30-some%, Sprint at 29%). I can flash custom roms as well as the beta wm6.5 rom but those don't fully load and give the "No Radio" error.
Right there in my original post. I can't flash ANY official rom anymore, and anything else, as in custom roms, give me the "No Radio" error.

But I also can't get ANYTHING else to show on the bootloader! I've tried every combination of flashing the 0.40, 2.31, hard reset, removing the battery, etc, etc, and no dice. Still shows SPL-0.41.coke.

IMCokeMan's apps messed up my phone.

Last edited by cbstryker; 03-23-2009 at 05:28 PM. Reason: changed my last sentence
Old 03-23-2009, 05:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Take the phone into Telus and act as dumb as possible....
Old 03-23-2009, 06:06 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

cbstryker is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
Take the phone into Telus and act as dumb as possible....
Ya already tried it. They want me to sign another 3 year contract for another phone. My phone's warranty was up a while ago.

Last edited by cbstryker; 03-23-2009 at 06:08 PM. Reason: edited
Old 03-23-2009, 09:58 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

cbstryker is a n00b

I think I've narrowed down exactly what I need to do. What I'm sure is the exact issue is that the phone's radio firmware got pooched at some point. So I need a flash file that can supply the radio firmware only, and then I can work from there.

Anyone have any suggestions as to where/how I can get a radio firmware flash file? And an official rom won't work. They just freeze on me.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch dual neon 400
Carrier: Bell

graphix1975 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbstryker View Post
I think I've narrowed down exactly what I need to do. What I'm sure is the exact issue is that the phone's radio firmware got pooched at some point. So I need a flash file that can supply the radio firmware only, and then I can work from there.

Anyone have any suggestions as to where/how I can get a radio firmware flash file? And an official rom won't work. They just freeze on me.
Did you every out how to fix this problem?
my buddy did the exact same thing. unlocker.41 . no radio in Custom rom, and stuck at 44% with OEM rom.

please help.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: Telecom NZ

ali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphix1975 View Post
Did you every out how to fix this problem?
my buddy did the exact same thing. unlocker.41 . no radio in Custom rom, and stuck at 44% with OEM rom.

please help.
ok i had a silimilar problem to this but not quite the same this is what i did and it worked for me , BE AWARE this may not work for you, try at your own risk (and i did it all by flashing with sdcard)

download this radio Vogue_Bell_Radio1.59.10a from here

ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/ImCoKeMaN/roms/

and flash that first, in the same folder you downloaded the radio, there some rom dumps choose what ever carrier yours is and download that, then flash the one you chose

next find you carrier offical upgrade to windows mobile 6.1 search here on the forum it will prolly be here,and flash it, after you have done that flash the imcokeman 2.31 vogue unlocker , then flash your custom rom

hope it works for u
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue