PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 12:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

webberpeter is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Touch won't update ROM

I have a Sprint Touch (vogue). It has been flashed over to MetroPCS. It was on it's original rom level (1.12 according to the RUU). I've tried various custom roms and even the latest sprint stock rom.

I've also tried dropping the rom file on an SD card.

long and short, all i get is the grey 'loading . . ' screen.

it hangs there and doesn't do anything.

any ideas?
Old 03-22-2009, 12:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Metro pcs

maximus_pr is a n00b
Re: Sprint Touch won't update ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webberpeter View Post
I have a Sprint Touch (vogue). It has been flashed over to MetroPCS. It was on it's original rom level (1.12 according to the RUU). I've tried various custom roms and even the latest sprint stock rom.

any ideas?
did you unlock the phone?
Old 03-22-2009, 08:14 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

webberpeter is a n00b

They unlocked it at metropcs when they flashed it over.

However, this should not matter as i've also tried the sprint RUU and it reacts the same way.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:03 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

webberpeter is a n00b

UPDATE

I screwed around and got the phone locked into bootloader mode. Since i was out of options i downloaded the RUU from htc's site for the sprint touch and loaded it on. it now appears to be locked back to sprint PCS. I am searching around for the right way to switch it back to metropcs, but if anyone has any tips-- it would be appreciated.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

go here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20370 and unlock your phone yourself (dont always trust the phone techs) and make sure its unlocked to 2.31 then flash your radio to whatever version you need for minimum required for the ROM you want to flash and then flash the custome ROM you want to flash to

Detroit Doug

Old 03-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

fierykevbo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by webberpeter View Post

any ideas?

I have the same issue going on except mine has not been flashed to Metro. Just picked up a replacement from ebay, the phone will not unlock. . I have had sucess in the past with unlocking and flashing custom roms (more than 20), this one how ever when trying to flash from RUU locks up my computer with blue screen, when trying from bootloader, (with 512 mb card, file renamed to voguimg.nbh) it just hangs on the grey screen.

It does the same thing with the Sprint Official Release. BTW it is WM6.0 with the 1.12 rom. Looking for some kinda help??
Old 03-22-2009, 10:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierykevbo View Post
I have the same issue going on except mine has not been flashed to Metro. Just picked up a replacement from ebay, the phone will not unlock. . I have had sucess in the past with unlocking and flashing custom roms (more than 20), this one how ever when trying to flash from RUU locks up my computer with blue screen, when trying from bootloader, (with 512 mb card, file renamed to voguimg.nbh) it just hangs on the grey screen.

It does the same thing with the Sprint Official Release. BTW it is WM6.0 with the 1.12 rom. Looking for some kinda help??
Sure you didnt pick up a GSM model from EBay (its been known to happen) check the self portrait mirror on the camera lens, at 11 O'Clock position its CDMA, if its elsewhere its GSM and your gonna need a GSM ROM for it although it prolly wont work in the US networks if that is where you are

Detroit Doug
Old 03-23-2009, 01:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

fierykevbo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit_doug View Post
Sure you didnt pick up a GSM model from EBay (its been known to happen) check the self portrait mirror on the camera lens, at 11 O'Clock position its CDMA, if its elsewhere its GSM and your gonna need a GSM ROM for it although it prolly wont work in the US networks if that is where you are

Detroit Doug
It is at 11 o'clock, and branded Sprint, this thing works fine, and seems to be all original never tampered with, but will not respond to any type of flashing. Dumfounded...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue