PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 06:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH (P3452)

bst0602 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow [Q]Share PC's internet connection With PPC using Bluetooth (not via activesync)

Hope the title says everything about my problem. I don't know if it is not the right forum to post.. If it's off-topic, I request the mod to move this to a more appropriate forum.

My specs:

HTC P3452 (ELFIN) using a custom 6.1 ROM(with the default MS BT stack)
Windows XP Professional SP3 using Widcomm BT stack
UTSTARCOM router to connect to the internet.

My problem:

I want to use bluetooth as the primary medium of connection between PC and PPC .

By 'connection'; I only mean efficient file sharing and internet connection sharing (only from PC to PPC; not the other way round; 'cause I don't have a GPRS/EDGE data plan on my PPC)

MS Activesync does both of these (but not very efficiently) , and there are a lot tutorials on how to connect PC and PPC using Bluetooth and then sync them using Activesync. But as everyone knows, being the crappiest software ever Activesync often auto-disconnects, even if the PC and PPC are still connected by bluetooth .

Using the ready-made solutions provided by the Widcomm Software, it's very easy to share files, as the MS stack supports FTP.

The Widcomm software also offers a service named "My network access" and creates a Bluetooth LAN connection on PC; and those were supposed to be able to establish a LAN connection between PC and PPC over Bluetooth, but it doesn't .

(The MS BT stack of Windows Mobile doesn't enable PAN by default. I used a hack by some user of this forum (wm6btpan) . But that doesn't seem to solve the problem either, although it enables me to use my PPC as a remote control.. )

So at this point, I need your help in establishing the connection between the PC and PPC so that the PPC can use PC's internet connection. For the last 1.5 days I have searched nearly hundreds of resources but nowhere found a complete solution working for a HTC Touch. If , with your help ,I can get my setup going, then I promise to put up a full fledged tutorial on how to do this...

Hoping early response..

Bst0602
Old 03-24-2009, 12:03 AM
Lurker

jacky4566 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Q]Share PC's internet connection With PPC using Bluetooth (not via activesync)

i too would also like to be able to do this.
iv noticed i can use the internet connections from other phones but not from PC's.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue