PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue a.k.a Sprint Touch
Carrier: Cricket

berry_lthird is keeping up the good workberry_lthird is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to berry_lthird Send a message via AIM to berry_lthird Send a message via MSN to berry_lthird Send a message via Yahoo to berry_lthird Send a message via Skype™ to berry_lthird
Unhappy Radio Nightmare!

Calling all Vogue experts! :

I am in desperate need of help! Here is my sitch:

I successfully unlocked my Sprint Vogue using ImCokeMan's 2.31 unlocker. I then loaded the official stock Sprint ROM via ActiveSync that gives you the 3.42.30 GPS radio. I then built my own custom ROM using BuildOS via PPCKitchen.org and burned it to my phone successfully.

All was wonderful and peaceful in my universe!

But then, like an idiot, I attempted to update the RADIO ONLY to the Bell 3.42.50 radio. (In fact, I used the Titan-ripped .NBH file and updated via MicroSD.)

Phone booted and worked, but I would get these annoying random reboots and the occasional and disturbing message that I had NO RADIO!

So I attempted to re-load the stock Sprint ROM via ActiveSync--this time, letting customizations run. The phone "seemed" stable, so I tried burning my custom ROM to it again. This time, my Today screen flickered, and I couldn't get WAP to connect for any reason: Voice and SMS text worked fine, however, as well as OTASP service programming. But still--no WAP.

I gave up and decided to burn the official stock Bell ROM via ActiveSync to my device. Again, the device "seemed" stable enough. So I put my custom ROM back on (the same one that worked flawlessly before, mind you) and got the screen flicker and no WAP still!

Finally, I tried going back to the original stock Sprint ROM, and now, my phone says No Radio and won't boot.

Would someone please for the mercy of all creation tell me what I'm doing wrong and how I can fix this mess? Or at least point me in the right direction......

Thank you in advance!
Latest Exploits:
--Sprint HTC Touch Dual NAMs on Cricket and Verizon InPulse with WAP, MMS, Java, EVDO Rev. A, and GPS (Ghettofreeryder's Vista 7 ROM with 3.35 Radio)
--MOTOKRZR K1m Dual NAMs on Cricket and Verizon pre-pay with WAP, MMS, and Brew

My LG VX9900 enV to Cricket Tutorial

Next Hijacks: Helping to liberate my MetroPCS bretheren!
Old 03-12-2009, 06:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV 6900
Carrier: Verizon

chronodrago is keeping up the good workchronodrago is keeping up the good work
Re: Radio Nightmare!

Maybe try relocking and trying to restore the closest u can to the stock version of your phone.

Another option would be updating your entire phone to the newest bell rom (with the newest radio) and then NOT letting customizations run. That might also work, although trial and error is essentially what I would be doing right now =p

heres a link to the bell rom: (bottom of page)
http://www.htc.com/us/SupportDownloa...cat=2&dl_id=98
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:46 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

yes, redo the bell. then try a different rom

Old 03-12-2009, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

berry_lthird is keeping up the good workberry_lthird is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to berry_lthird Send a message via AIM to berry_lthird Send a message via MSN to berry_lthird Send a message via Yahoo to berry_lthird Send a message via Skype™ to berry_lthird

Ok, thanks for replying!

So far I've managed to get the Sprint stock GPS ROM back on after running ImCokeMan's .40 unlocker.

WAP is now working again (I'm typing this from my Vogue) and turning on GPS doesn't make the phone act all flakey like before.

However, the phone did lock-up while I was taking a nap so I don't know what caused it. And the first few soft reboots gave me the No Radio error.

Again, right now I'm seemingly stable on Sprint's stock ROM after ImCokeMan's relocker. Should I really risk the Bell upgrade? I'm sorry to second-guess your most appreciated and gracious advice, but this whole nightmare started with that damned Bell radio, and I want to be sure that the Bell update is the right thing to do.

Thanks again! *owes you beers*
Old 03-12-2009, 07:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV 6900
Carrier: Verizon

chronodrago is keeping up the good workchronodrago is keeping up the good work

The bell rom wont do anything other than update your radio with the newest files (hopefully overwriting whatever is there that seems to be corrupted) and also rewrite all the system files. I dont see why you shouldnt do it. u know how to enter that 3 colored screen right? just start the flashing directly from there.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Trying that now.....should I go ahead and let customizations run?

*EDIT: No dice! Phone still reboots at random. Stock Bell ROM. Ran ImCokeMan's unlocker first, then ran the upgrade.

Well, at least I get data now.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by berry_lthird; 03-13-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

you need to downgrade your radio then upgrade it again...
Old 03-13-2009, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
you need to downgrade your radio then upgrade it again...
Okay, I got that same advice from another trusted source.

Now the question bears: Where do I find a non-GPS radio for the Vogue?

*EDIT: Found it!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=19071

Thanks!

Last edited by berry_lthird; 03-13-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Question Question:

Do the pre-GPS stock/dump ROMs posted by ImCokeMan include the radio?
Old 03-14-2009, 07:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Nevermind......

I'm going to stick to the stock Sprint ROM and just deal with it.

Thanks again to everyone who replied!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue