PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

diabolic is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help with Vogue - Won't turn on

My friend asked me to take a look at her phone for her and its got me stumped. Basically it was in her purse, it dropped off the car seat onto the floor of the car, and that was it. When she took it out of her purse to check for messages she turned it on, all she got was a jagged line across the screen. She did a soft reset, and that was the end of it. Now it won't turn on. The only sign that it once had life is the glorious red light that goes solid when its plugged in. Sometimes it stays solid, other times it goes off after a few seconds or minutes.
I've tried that battery in my phone, and my battery in her phone and mine still works and hers still doesn't.

I understand that its probably a brick but are there any last ditch efforts I can try to either verify its toast, or that it still might be salvageable?
Old 03-12-2009, 10:57 AM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)
Carrier: Sprint

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
Re: Help with Vogue - Won't turn on

See if it will go into any of the modes, or charge. If it won't do anything, i'd say you got yourself a brick. Warranty/Insurance?

Bootloader (Power+Camera+Reset)
Hard Reset (Talk+End+Reset)

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Old 03-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

diabolic is a n00b

It will charge but that's all so far. Apparently she took it in and the apparently checked it over and determined that it was a broken motherboard, but its quite evident the phone has never been apart and these are the same guys that determine a hard reset is the be all and end all of phone repairs. Its what they do if something isn't working write, and if doing it doesn't fix it, its toast.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:05 PM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP

Sound to me that either

1: Something (connector) came loose when it was dropped
2: Something broke off the board when it was dropped
3: There is a broken PCB

You can take the Phone apart without it looking like it was taken apart though.

So you can try to take it apart yourself.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

diabolic is a n00b

I've already had it apart. The sticker that covers the screw that says void if removed was still there and it was the same one. They marked it before they sent it in.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Sounds like it cant read the battery, or isnt getting the power from it....

Yo can test this by taking your battery out of your phone and pluging it in without the battery in the phone

It will show a solid red light, then if you try to turn it on, it will use the little power it has left in the motherboard to try to start but will quickly run it, thus causing the jagged lines
Old 03-13-2009, 01:23 AM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
Sounds like it cant read the battery, or isnt getting the power from it....

Yo can test this by taking your battery out of your phone and pluging it in without the battery in the phone

It will show a solid red light, then if you try to turn it on, it will use the little power it has left in the motherboard to try to start but will quickly run it, thus causing the jagged lines
That's interesting. I didn't even know it would turn on at all if the battery was removed.

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 03-13-2009, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: low tech vzw

imdarkside is becoming a great contributor

Have her send it back to the carrier if she is under the warranty period. Dont tell them it was dropped just tell them it quit working and she doesnt know why. I have dropped mine on concrete and it did not affect it. I think her phones got a gremlin. Hopefully she hasnt gotten it wet or removed the void sticker. BTW the refurbs dont have a void sticker.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

diabolic is a n00b

Not under warranty.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue