PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Lurker

andrewvmail is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Fastest Rom!?

I am pretty sure someone already asked did question before but I coulnt find it...

I need a ROM without any fancy things like manilla 2d touchflo and things like that. Just need one thats empty.

Main function
Phone, Google Sync (Calendar/Task), Evernote, Skyfire, Seven(Push Email), Nimbuzz, google apps.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue, HTC 5800, Touch it like a Pro!
Carrier: Verizon

shadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Fastest Rom!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewvmail View Post
I am pretty sure someone already asked did question before but I coulnt find it...

I need a ROM without any fancy things like manilla 2d touchflo and things like that. Just need one thats empty.

Main function
Phone, Google Sync (Calendar/Task), Evernote, Skyfire, Seven(Push Email), Nimbuzz, google apps.
Cook your own using PPCkitchen? or just disable touchflo. But ya youre asking really specific stuff so best suggestion would be to cook your own rom to your liking.

***ZEBRAPPC***

zebra cases are for L337 pimps.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jnadke is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewvmail View Post

Main function
IMO, I found the fastest ROM to be NSFAN's over at ppchaven.com. Need to log in to see Premium area.

It's a Manilla 2D ROM, but the navigation is seemlessly smooth.

After 9 months and countless ROM flashes, I finally stopped searching for the best ROM. I am happy.

Last edited by jnadke; 03-08-2009 at 03:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

When I first released mine....it was fast, Dan Harvey's once was the fastest....people believe nsfans is the fastest because of the m2d and yes i agree, but the fastest roms here is JD's ROMs....he made the cleanest and fastest roms known....but I believe he stopped cooking for vogue
Old 03-08-2009, 08:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

joey4321 is a n00b

I also recommend cooking your own rom. Just a heads up. If you do cook your own rom and use manila 2d, it will constantly refresh the HTC Home screen if you install Seven. I've heard one report that NFSFAN's rom does not have this problem...
Old 03-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

walla is keeping up the good workwalla is keeping up the good work

Dette Diamond Edition wins, hands down. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=34284

Old 03-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

I recommend to cook your own.Its easy.Try ppck and dont select anything except the carrier,maybe splashes.You will be surprised how fast it can be.
Cooking is fun,just be carefull its addictive

Last edited by vin255764; 03-09-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
I recommend to cook your own.Its easy.Try ppck and dont select anything except the carrier,maybe splashes.You will be surprised how fast it can be.
Cooking is fun,just be carefull its addictive
first thing that i can swear to god on ive read on this whole site...

I started cooking and cant stop...until I had to, but guess what I'm bak
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

tom_m is a n00b

That NFSFAN's ROM is amazing. I had an older ROM before and it was good -- better and faster than what came with my Verizon touch, but I just put on NFSFAN's last night on a new replacement phone and WOW. It's VERY fast.

Of course being the first time I flashed that phone I now have a phone that doesn't authenticate and probably have to call Verizon today...what a royal pain in the arse.

I did manage to go to their web site (AFTER flashing) and activate an old phone...just took overnight. I activated an old phone and it said there was some sort of problem to call customer service...Well at midnight I said screw it, I'll deal tomorrow. 8am, old phone works. So I'm gonna try to re-activate new phone through website and cross my fingers...Then call Verizon and talk to several tech people before they re-activate my phone....God that process is the MOST annoying part about flashing and I'm suriously surprised not many people here talk about it.

Guess there's more Sprint/Alletel users..?
Old 03-11-2009, 08:50 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Check the sticky's:
Sticky: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

The more check marks, the slower it gets...Just like any other rom. But there are some good ones out there, just try them. I'm sure you'll find one that meets your definition of "fast"...

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue