PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 01:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

superman651 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
unlocking question

So I just got a verizon xv6900 and want to put a custom rom on it. I upgraded to Verizon's 6.1 update but didn't let the customization run (to make it possible for GPS to work) and then unlocked it with Imcokeman's 2.31 unlocker but when it did its stuff and reset, it went through some customizations. Should I have let that run or did I just screw up my up upgrade? If I did, can I fix it?
Old 03-08-2009, 05:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim X51v, Tilt, 8525 VX6900, Imagio
Carrier: AT&T & Verizon

jadesse is becoming a great contributor
Re: unlocking question

You can try installing a GPS viewer & see if you can get a lock. I was able to get the GPS to work using the stock Verizon. However I basically had to softreset everytime I wanted to use the GPS.

I finally flashed NFSFAN's Verizon Rom & the GPS works perfect with zero issues.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900
Carrier: Verizon

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work

hey i have a Sprint 6900 that i modded awhile ago to get working on VZW, its been working for awhile now. Tried gps once it didnt work. Recently i downloaded and ran a Verizon update to try and get the phone to not roam anymore afterwards i reinstalled a new custom made PPC rom. I can find the GPS using one of the GPS viewer programs in the build i made using PPC kitchen but i cant get it to lock.

Am i permanetly screwed by running that verizon update (im not sure what it did honestly) or does anyone know if i can still get my GPS to work? Again its a Sprint 6900 phone, i took my 6700's ESN and a few other settings and copied it to my 6900 to get it to work.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim X51v, Tilt, 8525 VX6900, Imagio
Carrier: AT&T & Verizon

jadesse is becoming a great contributor

When you refer to a Verizon update what are you referring to? Did you flash an updated ROM? If this is the case & you let the customizations run. Then yes you are screwed but not totally.

You will need to flash back to the Sprint Rom then flash back to the Verizon Rom. DO NOT LET THE CUSTOMIZATIONS RUN!! I have read so many threads trying to get mine to work its hard to keep everything straight.

http://www.ppchaven.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=543
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue