PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

KcLive is keeping up the good workKcLive is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
QuickGPS

Has anyone been successful in getting QuickGPS to run on their Vogue? I have tried and tried with no luck and am wondering what the deal is. I have Garmin XT installed and working on my phone and quickgps won't work so the first lock seems to take forever. I also have the same gps program installed on the touch pro with quickgps and the lock is almost instant. Why can't I get this working on the vogue?
Old 03-04-2009, 06:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Re: QuickGPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KcLive View Post
Has anyone been successful in getting QuickGPS to run on their Vogue? I have tried and tried with no luck and am wondering what the deal is. I have Garmin XT installed and working on my phone and quickgps won't work so the first lock seems to take forever. I also have the same gps program installed on the touch pro with quickgps and the lock is almost instant. Why can't I get this working on the vogue?
I am using the 20931 kitchen and install QuickGPS from this. I have no issues running it. Are you running VZW or Sprint?

Steve
Old 03-05-2009, 05:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
I am using the 20931 kitchen and install QuickGPS from this. I have no issues running it. Are you running VZW or Sprint?

Steve
I have the sprint phone, but am running CricKet. Everything else works great, but have been unable to get quickgps to work at all.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KcLive View Post
I have the sprint phone, but am running CricKet. Everything else works great, but have been unable to get quickgps to work at all.
Do you get an error msg of some kind? I would assume you have data plan on Cricket?
Old 03-05-2009, 05:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
Do you get an error msg of some kind? I would assume you have data plan on Cricket?

It just keeps failing to download. Yes, I do have the data plan...unlimited on everything. This doesn't make sense to me, works fine on the touch pro, but not on the vogue. I just sold my touch pro due to it being a little too bulky for me to carry at work and the vogue is the perfect size for me, and seeing as how I use gps at work I would love to get quickgps working right.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

brand is becoming a great contributor

It is possible that the AGPS servers for CricKet are not the AGPS servers that are for Sprint? Therefore, try flashing the ROM for you carrier.

I'm a little confused if you're actually using CricKet as a carrier or not, but it looks like you're running the CricKet ROM.

Look in my \ signature / for some more info on the GPS on the Touch and how it works.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brand View Post
It is possible that the AGPS servers for CricKet are not the AGPS servers that are for Sprint? Therefore, try flashing the ROM for you carrier.

I'm a little confused if you're actually using CricKet as a carrier or not, but it looks like you're running the CricKet ROM.

Look in my \ signature / for some more info on the GPS on the Touch and how it works.
I do actually use CricKet as both the carrier and the rom. It was the same on my touch pro and worked perfectly, but for some reason, I can't get it to work on my Touch (Vogue).
Old 03-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Uninstall the one you have on your phone and unzip this folder, put the folder it on your phone or storage card and navigate to the folder with Resco or Total commander......

Now install the .Cab file included.
Click on the reg file to install it.
Now highlight and copy the quickgps.exe file from the folder to your phone's "Windows" folder and confirm overwrite.

Now it should update completely.
Attached Files
File Type: zip QuickGPS Fixed.zip (384.2 KB, 78 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Primenall; 03-08-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

Richard Ward is a n00b

That doesn't seem to work for me (HTC Touch). After installing the gab, running the reg file with Resco, and copying the .exe to the Windows folder -- it pops up an error saying:

"The file 'QuickGPS' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

I've re-installed a couple times and haven't gotten it to work. It worked on my HTC Mogul (6800) with no2chem's WM 6.1 ROM but not on this HTC Touch (NFSFAN) WM 6.1.

Oh, them? That's just my network, I guess... (Converted Alltel Customer)
Old 03-09-2009, 07:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I am getting that same error when I try to install the reg file. When I run quickgps now it just sits at Connecting.......

I have to manually connect to the internet, and then it still won't download to update. It times out after about a minute and does this each time I click on download...won't ever download.

This is getting VERY frustrating.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue