PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 09:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch

Aairman23 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Gmail disappeared

I have had Gmail running perfectly for years and a couple of days ago, it just disappeared from my messaging account. When I try to set up a new account it says that an account already exists with that name. I've read that a way around this is to slightly change the account name for examle change it from "gmail" to "google"; that works fine, but my mail box now always says that I have 4 unread messages from the "old" (and lost) account. I can't access that acount anymore to earase those emails (so they never go away). Hard reset works, but I really don't want to start from scratch and my latest sprite back up file only brings me to the same problem. Anybody have any ideas?
Old 03-01-2009, 04:02 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Gmail disappeared

Go to gmail with your pc and earase those messages. Hope that Helps. Thanks T M Z
Old 03-01-2009, 05:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch
Threadstarter

Aairman23 is a n00b

Those emails have been deleted for a long time. When I click on the mail box (that says 4 messages) it takes me to the general messaging screen that allows me to pick from either my test messaging box or my outlook e-mail then under that is has the standard "setup E-mail" (with my original gmail account missing). This is where I get stuck because when I go to set up email, It tells me that I already have an email under that display name. When I change the display name, it allows me to access my Gmail account like normal, but will not allow me to delete the 4 emails that were under my original display name. It's like there is no way to delete those emails or even re-access my original gmail account from my phone.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch, touch pro, HTC Hero, HTC Touch pro 2

d.raw247@gmail.com is becoming a great contributor

thats funny because this just happened to me 4 nights ago. i have 4 email accounts on mine(2 gmail, 1 cox, and a work ms push acct.) and now i show 58 unread msgs along with the current ones on the slightly changed accnts i had to remake because of this issue. i just put a 01,02 behind each new accnt. but that doesnt get rid of the ol email count. i hope you get more responses or solutions, cause i can use the help too.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

is there no help for us here? please can some one take a gander at this issue. thanks
Old 03-05-2009, 02:08 PM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)
Carrier: Sprint

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP

Some people say they have good luck deleting ghost email accounts with S.K. Tools

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Old 03-06-2009, 11:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

this worked for me, got at xda-developers. just run it and pick the accounts that are missing and then hit repair. you can then go and delete the accounts that aren't being used. it's a good look
Attached Files
File Type: zip mailAccountRepair.zip (25.3 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue