PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 03:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vx6900

elitegunslinger is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
vx6900 agps fix

I was just wondering if anyone could post the files from the:

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...VerizonAGPSFix

Because those links are broken

Also do you need a data plan to use the gps?

I am using the

RUU_Vogue_VZW_WWE_3.14.605.1_Radio_3.37.78_Ship

rom currently

Thanks in advance
Old 02-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Re: vx6900 agps fix

or possibly some way to turn on the internal antenna
Old 02-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....
Carrier: Sprint

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Try this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ht=Shadow+tech

Its carrier and device friendly!!! Pretty easy too...
Old 02-25-2009, 08:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

x026092 is a n00b

Here goes.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Valhalla Legends GPSServer.cab (62.8 KB, 80 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-25-2009, 11:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

I tried but I still only get on the holux gps viewer:

Quote:
GPS Open...
$GPGGA,,,,,0,,,,,,
$GPRMC,,V,,,,,,,,,,,,
$GPSA,A,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
$GPGSV,1,1,0
$GPGGA,,,,,0,,,,,,,,
$GPRMC,,V,,,,,,,,,,
$GPSA,A,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
$GPGSV,1,1,0
$GPGGA,,,,,0,,,,,,
etc...
Over and over again but I never get a fix
Old 02-26-2009, 10:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rzawora is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitegunslinger View Post
I tried but I still only get on the holux gps viewer:

Over and over again but I never get a fix
Did you follow the rest of the steps on that Wiki page before installing the Valhalla cab file?

1) Navigate to Start -> Settings, and click on Phone in the Personal tab. Click on the Services tab at the bottom. Highlight Location Setting and click Get Settings. Ensure that LOCATION ON is selected.

2) Navigate to Start -> Settings, and click on External GPS in the System tab. Ensure that GPS program port is set to COM4 in the Programs tab.
-GPS hardware port is set to (None) and Baud rate is set to 4800 in the Hardware tab.
-and Manage GPS automatically (recommended) is checked in the Access tab.

3) Install Valhalla Legends GPSServer.cab and soft reset. (If you have installed a previous version of the GPSServer cab, make sure you uninstall it first and soft reset prior to installing this cab).

If you have followed all of this and it's still not working...I would try a soft reset, and reinstall the cab file. I've read some people say it didn't take the first time, though I don't really understand why it wouldn't. If you try reinstalling and still not working. I would then reinstall the ROM you posted above, and then do steps listed above.
Just as a side note... make sure you are outside and clear of obstructions.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VZW XV6900

Jacklad is a n00b

Maybe you can answers this question - I've done the aGPS fix to get NFSFANS rom version 1.12 on my Verizon 6900 - the instructions did not include adding the Valhalla cab, which worked great on the official rom. Although GPS is now working, it takes much longer to lock in satellites, if it gets a signal at all - will the Valahalla fix have any positive effect at this point, or will it totally negate the 18 steps that got it working at all?

Instructions i used are here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...32487&page=140

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzawora View Post
Did you follow the rest of the steps on that Wiki page before installing the Valhalla cab file?

1) Navigate to Start -> Settings, and click on Phone in the Personal tab. Click on the Services tab at the bottom. Highlight Location Setting and click Get Settings. Ensure that LOCATION ON is selected.

2) Navigate to Start -> Settings, and click on External GPS in the System tab. Ensure that GPS program port is set to COM4 in the Programs tab.
-GPS hardware port is set to (None) and Baud rate is set to 4800 in the Hardware tab.
-and Manage GPS automatically (recommended) is checked in the Access tab.

3) Install Valhalla Legends GPSServer.cab and soft reset. (If you have installed a previous version of the GPSServer cab, make sure you uninstall it first and soft reset prior to installing this cab).

If you have followed all of this and it's still not working...I would try a soft reset, and reinstall the cab file. I've read some people say it didn't take the first time, though I don't really understand why it wouldn't. If you try reinstalling and still not working. I would then reinstall the ROM you posted above, and then do steps listed above.
Just as a side note... make sure you are outside and clear of obstructions.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacklad View Post
Maybe you can answers this question - I've done the aGPS fix to get NFSFANS rom version 1.12 on my Verizon 6900 - the instructions did not include adding the Valhalla cab, which worked great on the official rom. Although GPS is now working, it takes much longer to lock in satellites, if it gets a signal at all - will the Valahalla fix have any positive effect at this point, or will it totally negate the 18 steps that got it working at all?

Instructions i used are here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...32487&page=140
Installing the Valhalla cab will kill your GPS capability on a Verizon custom ROM. It shouldn't be taking very long to get a lock...about 30 seconds or less for mine. The link you sent me didn't really point me to anything but the last page on NFSFAN's XDA thread.
I posted a step-by-step to get GPS working on his custom ROM...it located here... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1194... if you have done all of this then you have done it correctly. If you have done something a little different you might want to follow these steps and see if it makes it any better. I don't have a real solution for you other then that, but as I said it shouldn't be taking a "long" time for a lock.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VZW XV6900

Jacklad is a n00b

Thanks for that - I guess I was just a little spoiled by the quick locks with the Valhalla patch - I do eventually get a lock, and I'm sure it's around 30 seconds - I'm just being a baby - but here's a weird thing, for kicks I downloaded this free navigator program called Amazegps - I haven't had a chance to see if it's any good or not, but the one thing i see right away is that it locks into sats almost immediately, and even indoors - is it possible that individual programs will perform differently even though they are using the same internal GPS?

Thanks - and by the way, I did follow your instructions as well for the aGPS fix - it seems more complicated than it really is once you get into it - just takes time and attention -

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzawora View Post
Installing the Valhalla cab will kill your GPS capability on a Verizon custom ROM. It shouldn't be taking very long to get a lock...about 30 seconds or less for mine. The link you sent me didn't really point me to anything but the last page on NFSFAN's XDA thread.
I posted a step-by-step to get GPS working on his custom ROM...it located here... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1194... if you have done all of this then you have done it correctly. If you have done something a little different you might want to follow these steps and see if it makes it any better. I don't have a real solution for you other then that, but as I said it shouldn't be taking a "long" time for a lock.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacklad View Post
Thanks for that - I guess I was just a little spoiled by the quick locks with the Valhalla patch - I do eventually get a lock, and I'm sure it's around 30 seconds - I'm just being a baby - but here's a weird thing, for kicks I downloaded this free navigator program called Amazegps - I haven't had a chance to see if it's any good or not, but the one thing i see right away is that it locks into sats almost immediately, and even indoors - is it possible that individual programs will perform differently even though they are using the same internal GPS?

Thanks - and by the way, I did follow your instructions as well for the aGPS fix - it seems more complicated than it really is once you get into it - just takes time and attention -
Yes, I too have noticed different programs can obtain locks faster than others. I guess it's kind of in the software...not really sure. I do agree...the Valhalla locks may have been a bit faster, that I don't know why.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue