PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 11:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: telus

darenl is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
telusmanillafull v1.6

i just installed this custom and running great. there is an option in settings, communications which is internet sharing. if i use this will i be charged from my carrier
Old 02-23-2009, 01:14 AM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....
Carrier: Sprint

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: telusmanillafull v1.6

just look at this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58816
Old 02-23-2009, 01:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rzawora is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooover View Post
Honestly I have to say, I don't see where that post is very helpful. It's a response pointing to a thread that has no answers whatsoever.
ICS = Internet Connection Sharing which = tethering is an additional charge to your wireless connection. In order to keep MY OWN prices down, as long as everyone else, I would prefer to answer this question in all honesty. An unlimited data plan (or a metered data plan for that matter) gives the company the amount of money they see necessary to cover their costs on delivering the data. Tethering, in most companies, is an additional charge. You should either be happy paying that charge for the convenience of being able to do what you are doing, or discontinue its use. I'm sorry you were misinformed by posts, and responses like above, but tethering is tethering...it's in the dictionary, and I don't know of a mobile carrier that includes it for free anywhere. Most actually disable it's capability to tether without special software.
In your situation if you "really" didn't know...call them and tell them what happened and maybe they will waive the charges. Good luck...in the future...just pay an sign up for what you expect and what you plan to use...
Old 02-23-2009, 03:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SGH-T959D leaked 'Official' froyo
Carrier: Telus

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff

I thought it was a good answer, although I go into my own situation later down the fact is Telus is goingto start charging for tethering @ $8/MB effective Feb. 25th. That seems to answer the question. Also, your post should have been in the above mentioned thread.

ROM: DarkRoot
Old 02-24-2009, 09:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II X (Hercules)

Touch_Pete is keeping up the good workTouch_Pete is keeping up the good workTouch_Pete is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Touch_Pete Send a message via Skype™ to Touch_Pete

As a fellow Telus user it is my understanding that they do not permit tethering, they specifically said so to me. However I am not sure except for the amount of data you would be using as to how they would know, as all they would see would be a data stream. So if you did not go to excess (i.e. downloading movies etc.) you would probably be safe. There was a guy out west with Telus who tethered and quickly received a huge bill in the many thousands of dollars, so I would keep it to a bit of browsing and e-mail or you might get a huge unwelcome surprise. If you really want to know for sure then I would phone Telus and get the word directly from them. They may have a plan that would permit it.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700 , Vogue.

hosecastro is a n00b

Taken from Telus.ca

Available until May 4, 2009 as an add-on to non-promotional voice rate plans of $20 or greater, on PDA smartphones (with TELUS mobile email only) and BlackBerry smartphones (with BlackBerry Internet Service only). An additional 10ยข will apply for each text message or attachment sent outside of Canada and the U.S. Premium messages are not included. Instant messaging available with Windows Live Messenger on PDA smartphones only and BlackBerry Messenger on BlackBerry smartphones only. Data used while roaming in the U.S. is charged at $3/MB. Any usage incurred through a laptop/computer will be charged at $8/MB. Cannot be combined with any other data plan.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc vogue/touch 400mhz
Carrier: bell

kazzxtrismus is a n00b

welcome to canada..wher 50cents a meg is the actual cost...and $8/meg what they charge....

Raise yer hand if yer getting raped!

this is why we want to tether unseen...

they offer usb and pmcia cards for your aptop at 500mb for $30-$50

and the 500mb for our "smartphones" is an aditional say $20.00

but if we get caught tethering 500meg = $3,000.00 ?????

all I want is to get an email with a big file direct/directed to my laptop.

and maybe a little googling.

DATA is DATA.. do they just want you to have 2 devices at 2x the price???

Here in Canada we can easily pay up to $200/month and still NOT have ANYTHING be unlimited...

a full unlimited plan like whats available in the US for $150/month would sell here for $600/month if you use the historical fact that we pay roughly 4X the price the USA does....and we get the privelege of waiting a few yrs for the technology to get here.

cause our carrirs wait for it to get cheaper to buy Verizons used equipment, but charge us like its brand new/right outta star trek.

to any US Carrier that did buy those frequencies in Canada.... Come now... charge what you charge in the US....
YOU WILL OWN 80% OF THE MARKET IN 3 YRS.

THATS WHY WE WANT TO TETHER...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue