PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 01:41 PM
Lurker

emanuel4u is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Data Mode

I have a HTC Touch on metro Pcs. I got the internet working but it keeps on going into data mode. How do I stop the phone from always going into data mode?
Old 02-22-2009, 03:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rzawora is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Data Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanuel4u View Post
I have a HTC Touch on metro Pcs. I got the internet working but it keeps on going into data mode. How do I stop the phone from always going into data mode?
What ROM are you using? I only ask because some ROMS cause the data arrows to appear even when you aren't connected because of using a GSM dialer application on a CDMA phone.
If this isn't the case...make sure you don't have any Activesync connection setup to automatically sync to an exchange server or deliver push email or anything like that. You would also need to look through other programs to make sure that they aren't set to 'look' for information over the internet automatically...things like HTC Home weather tab, etc.
I don't believe there is really any way to force the phone not to connect to the internet w/o deleting the connection information, which would cause it not to be able to connect when you actually wanted it to, so I wouldn't recommend that. The only real way to do it would be to have your carrier, MetroPCS in this case, put a data block on your phone number. Problem there is same thing, you won't be able to connect when you actually want to.
Lastly, I would just recommend getting an unlimited data plan because you will enjoy it a lot more. If this isn't a viable option for you, then I guess blocking the data via carrier would be your better option, as the 'automatic connections' can run your data bill up.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue