PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 05:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch (cdma)
Carrier: Sprint

orsusmetal is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't get instant messengers working

Hello, I'm new here. I've been around on the site but never joined until now. I used the search feature and wasn't able to find the answer to what I'm having an issue with.

I can't get the instant messengers that the Touch comes with to sign in. I put in all my user information and click sign in, and it never logs in. Sometimes it pops up with a message saying I need to configure my global settings to get access to the network, but everything is configured the way it should be. Anyone else have this problem?

I ended up downloading the mobile aim messenger from aim's website, but it's slow and laggy. I also don't like all the ads. And I know the messengers built in the phone won't suck like that one.

Anyways, I would appreciate any help that anyone could give. Also, for everyones information. I'm a complete newbie and don't know most of the technical stuff that you guys talk about on this site, haha. So I'm really hoping it's just a configuration setting or a cab file I can get. I've just gotten the wm6.1 rom update and will be installing that later tonight. So I'm running on the initial rom and radio settings.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ToxicToastKatz is keeping up the good workToxicToastKatz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can't get instant messengers working

I strongly suggest palringo (www.palringo.com).

It's a multi-format im program that includes the 4 that come on the Touch program (yahoo, aim, msn...and the 4th )

plus many more features (including PTT, file transfer capabilities and facebook chat.)
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue