PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 09:10 PM
Lurker

mrlachart is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
big trouble with lock on htc 6900 for backup

Hy guys,
I really need help with a problem that i'm not sur that can be resolved. I have a htc6900 buy from bell. My screen still find but the touch on in don't work. The problem is that my htc is lock and the only way to unlock it, is to touch the word unlock on the screen but the touch screen not working only the view.
I can't hardreset it because to reloard the software you need to calibrate the pda, but the touch is not working ??? So I wan continue to take my call. I want to backup my pda before send it to htc repair center, but activesync don't want to detect the htc because it lock. "%"/%$%?&**

Please help me boy...
Thanks in advanced to the answere
Old 02-15-2009, 09:24 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: big trouble with lock on htc 6900 for backup

Do you think the screen is bad ? what did you do to it ?
Old 02-15-2009, 09:56 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmz View Post
Do you think the screen is bad ? what did you do to it ?
im not sure with op english but i think his screen in fine but phones locked, like flashed locked.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:00 PM
Lurker

iamhydrogen is a n00b

i think he's trying to say that his screen is still viewable (i.e. not cracked, broken, etc) but that he has lost all touch functionality and so cant 'wake' the phone from being in lock mode because that requires screen touch input. I'm actually having this same problem and can't figure out how to resolve it...I think i'm just going to have to call/visit VZW and get the hardware replaced. I've had it less than a year so I think it should be covered under warranty, but honestly, I have been really unhappy with it since the beginning.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

Gearuphere is a n00b

Edit: Sorry, missed that last point about ActiveSync not able to detect your phone. I guess this won't work then.

As long as you can connect via ActiveSync, this should work.
First connect via ActiveSync.
Run a program called MyMobiler on your PC (http://www.mtux.com/)
After it's installed, you can see your phone screen on your PC. If not, right click on the tray icon on the bottom right of your PC screen and select Open Mobiler.
Hopefully you can then control your screen with your mouse and Select the Unlock button.

Hope that works.

Last edited by Gearuphere; 02-17-2009 at 02:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

Gearuphere is a n00b

Actually I decided to try locking the screen (Long Press End Key) and then connecting the data cable. ActiveSync still recognized it and I was able to use the My Mobiler app to press Unlock.
This is my second Touch (Bell). I returned my first one because I could no longer get ActiveSync to recognize it on any computer using a variety of cables. Sounds like you might have the same issue. Maybe try a few cables or another PC.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue