PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 03:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: custom
Carrier: cricket

fallguy0980 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Conflippers / NFSFAN - rom help

ok, I love the NFSfANS ROM, it just doesnt have flash capability through opera the way that conflippers does, I also like conflippers vogue rom but for some reason I absolutely cannot get the GPS to pick up satelites. I do a fresh install, then try the gps viewer and nothing, it never picks up. So basically im looking for 2 things.

A fix to implement flash into the NFSFAN rom (i have already tried installing the exact build of opera that conflippers uses and flash 3.1, still no luck in getting it to work. I was told that it may be because NFSfan baked flash into his already, but regardless, i cant get it to work and cant find where it says if it comes with flash already or not in his rom specs...)

b. A fix for conflippers GPS to make it pick up satelites.

I like both roms, but both are missing functionality out of the box. Can someone please help?
Old 02-14-2009, 04:45 AM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....
Carrier: Sprint

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Conflippers / NFSFAN - rom help

As I am 100% NFSFAN I will say I also had this issue with flash, being that I test everyones ROM no matter who they are... Check out this GPS fix from Shadow Tech its completely safe for your device and is carrier friendly http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ht=Shadow+tech

The only option I can offer as far as the Flash Player isto install NFSFAN's clean ROM and add Opera yourself as well as Flash lite 3.1...Hope I helped...

You have 2 great ROM builders to choose from so maybe if you PM them with question the you need answered then I know for sure they will get back to you, from experience these two are very helpful ROM's!!!LOL!!!
Old 02-14-2009, 10:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Vogue)

jaydee33 is a n00b

If you want full flash on NFSFAN, just use Skyfire as your browser. It's fantastic. www.skyfire.com
Old 02-14-2009, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: custom
Carrier: cricket
Threadstarter

fallguy0980 is a n00b

ok, i try to load QPST but im getting vogue diagnostics, using the NFSFAN ROM. yet my xp cant seem to install the driver, could someone please give me the work around?
Old 02-14-2009, 01:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallguy0980 View Post
ok, I love the NFSfANS ROM, it just doesnt have flash capability through opera the way that conflippers does, I also like conflippers vogue rom but for some reason I absolutely cannot get the GPS to pick up satelites. I do a fresh install, then try the gps viewer and nothing, it never picks up. So basically im looking for 2 things.

A fix to implement flash into the NFSFAN rom (i have already tried installing the exact build of opera that conflippers uses and flash 3.1, still no luck in getting it to work. I was told that it may be because NFSfan baked flash into his already, but regardless, i cant get it to work and cant find where it says if it comes with flash already or not in his rom specs...)

b. A fix for conflippers GPS to make it pick up satelites.

I like both roms, but both are missing functionality out of the box. Can someone please help?
I think you can instal a flash enabled version of Opera on a NFSFAN rom
Old 03-30-2009, 05:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

jordan420 is a n00b

I am having the same problem... ##3424# brings up vogue diagnostics. i tried the driver posted here but it doesnt help. it shows as correctly installed modem, but doesnt list a comport like it used to.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I for one am not a fanboy of NFSFAN because of this thread:

EDIT: TOOK OUT!
I realize in retrospect that it is unfair to bring up one's past, when we all live in the "hear and now".
I am going 2 publicly apologies for bringing this up.
EVERYONE deserves a second chance.
People make mistakes and it is up to them to learn from it.

So,my suggestion is that he is very attentive to his crowd over at XDA here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=432487

EDITED ! - EDITED ! - EDITED !

Last edited by Maxx134; 03-31-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Last edited by detroit_doug; 03-31-2009 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Dropping conversation - un-needed
Old 03-30-2009, 12:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

EDIT: removed rebuttal...
After reflection I felt I was hasty on accusing you of ..., my apologies.
In everyone's path to knowledge, their comes a time when you stop thinking as a user, suddenly see a program for the intricate beauty and labor which must have been accomplished in a program.
Thats when you start thinking as a developer, on ways how you can make or add to a creation to benefit others, as giving back to the knowledge that you have attained.
Then you will more see why this issue is a passionate one. So you see why I ranted, and again my apologies.

Edit2; Clarification:

I proved my fairness & intention to help by posting his XDA thread, deleting the old link from from sep last year, and stated that the guy is great at helping posters there.

Last edited by Maxx134; 04-01-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Last edited by detroit_doug; 03-31-2009 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Dropping conversation - un-needed
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue