PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: sprint

hntrec is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CDMA security?

I have a HTC Touch from sprint. I'm relatively certain that I don't need a firewall because it's a cdma phone, but what about my OS? Any product suggestions if one is even needed? I already know Kaspersky, what I use on my desktop, won't work, it's for gsm smartphones, not cdma pocket pc, neither will Symantec for same reason. Thanks in advance for advice and suggestions. A tech from sprint recommended this website.

William F Buckley Jr
1925-2008
Old 02-12-2009, 08:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

Darkflame808 is keeping up the good workDarkflame808 is keeping up the good work
Re: CDMA security?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hntrec View Post
I have a HTC Touch from sprint. I'm relatively certain that I don't need a firewall because it's a cdma phone, but what about my OS? Any product suggestions if one is even needed? I already know Kaspersky, what I use on my desktop, won't work, it's for gsm smartphones, not cdma pocket pc, neither will Symantec for same reason. Thanks in advance for advice and suggestions. A tech from sprint recommended this website.
Can you please elaborate what exactly it is you want?..I don't understand what you are looking for.

Are you talking about security like preventing a hacker from hacking your phone?

You don't need to worry about it. They make antivirus programs for phones because people are retarded enough to buy them.

I believe DUST was the first windows mobile virus created. All of a sudden anti virus programs popped up. To protect you from 1 virus.

Now we fast forward to now and there's MAYBE what 3 viruses? LOL!

Don't waste your memory, money or time on a anti virus program for your phone. Viruses are installed from downloading warez. You don't need to worry about being at a football game, stadium concert or in the middle of a mass of people and somehow getting your phone infected via airwaves or bluetooth or anything.

What you see in movies in strictly hollywood.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Just like on Macs, anti virus software for these platforms is just a gimmick.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

hntrec is a n00b

I really didn't think I needed even a light AV with a cdma phone and now iy has been confirmed by experts. I get e-mails from my father( forwarded jokes Etc) and I delete them because just this last weekend I installed SUPERAntispyware free and Comodo Internet Security on his desktop. Comodo found 5 viruses, 8 trojans and 3 keyloggers. SAS found 31 memory items, 159 registry items and 60 file items, none of which were the same as SAS. Needless to say, I don't trust his e-mails or the attachments regardless of wether or not it can infect windows mobile. Kaspersky auto deletes about 60% of his e-mails to the desktop unless I've paid a recent visit and "cleaned" his system, but then I'm just gripping and rambling on. Thanks for the advice ya'll have provided me.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue