PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 12:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell Canada

ladyofthemist is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Uh-Oh. I broke it! Please help - Hard reset?

Ok so i been playing around and i even got Manila to load... but then i broke it trying to edit manila. So now i get this blank today screen and i can't change it. I need to hard reset it but when i do (talk + end + stylus in the tiny hole) it goes back to the same thing. Please help.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP||| Omnia ||| Touch
Carrier: VZW

trdspectacoma is becoming a great contributor
Re: Uh-Oh. I broke it! Please help - Hard reset?

do you have atleast the start menu. what manila m2d how were you trying to edit it??
Old 01-17-2009, 02:26 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

you need to make sure you follow through with the hard reset. When you talk+end+reset it should ask you to verify tou want to hard reset, and then you will see a blue status bar as your phone's memory is completely wiped and re-written. The only way a hard reset wouldn't work is if you flashed your phone incorrectly. I would suggest trying to hard reset again.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamonds On My Damn Chain
Carrier: Still With Sprint

nelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah like musicman said, you have to follow through. dont just push the buttons and let go..... HOLD all three together until grey screen with blue bar pops up.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:29 AM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....
Carrier: Sprint

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If its that hard go to Start>Settings>System>Clear Storage it will do the same thing as a hard reset
Old 01-17-2009, 05:39 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Reflashing will also clear it up as well... If you can't hard reset.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell Canada
Threadstarter

ladyofthemist is a n00b

OH i wasn't holding them long enough. Ok got it now. I installed Manila 2D 19 with the Weather fix you can download. I also loaded the customizer and i was trying to look at that to see what it showed me. Then the phone froze so i soft reset and when it came back i had to today screen nothing, it was all blank with just a background and i couldn't get any program to load up. Hard reset fixed it all though. now to try again. good thing i backed everything up. Thank you for the help.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue