PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900

AcesInIt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unlocking/Activesync issues...

Ok, so I have been trying to unlock my new XV6900, its with Verizon of course.

I upgrade to the leaked Verizon Rom and let customizations run, now I'm trying to run the .40 unlock from ImCokeman as is the first step in the XDA Wiki in getting your GPS back.

So It works fun until you have to disconnect and reconnect the device while its in the tri-colored bootloader mode. You have to have an activesync connection to start the RUU updater. But I can not get it to re-establish the connection to finish the unlocker.

Any ideas? I have read and re read the readme and instructions but couldnt come up with anything im doing wrong.

Thank you guys
Old 01-16-2009, 04:52 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....
Carrier: Sprint

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Unlocking/Activesync issues...

Well if you are enabling GPS then you need 2.31.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

AcesInIt is a n00b

Well according to XDA, they said unlock with .4 then load a sprint rom (they had a specific link), and then unlock with 2.31, then load custom rom of your choice.

But even before I loaded the leaked Verizon rom the SAME thing happened when I tried to unlock with 2.31.

Any ideas?
Old 01-16-2009, 06:35 PM
Chillin'

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Have you read thru the unlocker thread here at PPCGeeks http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20370

there are afew people who had this problem....http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=17473&page=17 go to post 170 on this page...hope I helped...

Last edited by hooover; 01-16-2009 at 06:47 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

AcesInIt is a n00b

Thank you for the help I appreciate it.

I noticed they were talking about using the sd card to load a rom. Can I unlock with a storage card?

Also one person was talking about his vista recognizing a new device with the bubbles popping up, my phone definately has been doing that. Why wouldn't my computer which is xp not costa not recognize my device half way through unlocking?
Old 01-16-2009, 07:45 PM
Chillin'

Put it in bootloader and let me know the verison...
Old 01-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

AcesInIt is a n00b

VOGU100
SPL- 2.01.0000
CPLD-3
current ROM is leaked verizon rom and i let the customizations run, radio 3.37.77 i believe

Thank you again for the help
Old 01-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Chillin'

You can run 2.31...Then after that to enable GPS flash offical Sprint or Bell ROM not allowing customizations to run(by soft reseting before they run)...Afterards flashing what ever custom ROM for your carrier that you like...
Old 01-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

AcesInIt is a n00b

Ok that sounds good. But my problem is that I can't get the unlocker to work. Either one of them.

I get to the point where it says "disconnect and reconnect your device" then the RUU starts. However after I disconnect and reconnect I can't get the device to sync with Activesync. While its in the tri colored bootloader it won't connect to activesync so I can finish it up with the RUU.

So that was my question, if anyone had an idea why that may be happening.

I very much appreciate the help guys
Old 01-16-2009, 10:13 PM
Chillin'

So this guy had your issue as well http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=28774

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue