PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 09:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6600
Carrier: sprint

olefafl is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Leaked ROM Vs Sprint Rom

I have a Touch with the leaked ROM & bad screen, no problems.
I had a Mogul (on a second line) and Sprint offered me another Touch for $50 so I got it.
It got the Sprint 6.1 update. I ended up getting the first one replaced because it would stop playing the Text Message alert, but other sounds would work. All I would have to do is a soft reset and it would work again for anywhere from 2 hours to a day. Then right back to no sound for Text alerts. The 2nd one did the same thing. So I got a Diamond.

The older Touch (I got it in late Jan-early Feb) has the bad screen and the leaked ROM. Both the new Touchs had the good screen and the Sprint ROM.

Anyone else having the same problem?
Are the leaked ROM and Sprint ROM the same or did they change something in it?
Old 10-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....
Carrier: Sprint

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Leaked ROM Vs Sprint Rom

Not sure if this helps but the leaked ROM is now the official upgrade from htc it was just posted before the official release a few months ago, I myself bought a touch in July and well the screen is a bad one, my neighbor received a good one and the difference blew my mind. Never had any problems with any alerts/ringers with official ROMs but then again I only used it for 2 days then flashed to a custom!!!LOL
Old 10-06-2008, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I thought the file size was a few bits off from the leaked one.

The screen difference is big, I hated giving up 2 good screens and keeping the bad one, but Sprint did offer to change out the screen on the bad one for $55.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Chillin'

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

would you like a link to the official htc upgrade

maybe i'm not clear on the "leaked ROM" we may be dicussing toss me a link and I'll check it out.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

We are talking about the same ROMs. I'm not changing the leaked ROM on the phone that works. I just find it odd that on 3 phones, 2 with the Sprint ROM and 1 with the leaked ROM run "different". The offical ROMs stop working but the leaked one doesn't have that trouble.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have an early leak. Tapping:

Start > Settings > System > Device Information

Shows... ROM version: 3.03.651.2

My understanding is that the official ROM has this same version number, except it ends with point (dot) 4. So, hoover, are you saying the .2 rom is now the official rom?

I've read one difference between them is that .4 has a bug that opens Task Manager when you tap on upper right corner of home today screen, on the left! (But, that's only 1st time TM is opened after reset. After that, opens correctly on right.)
Old 10-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Chillin'

most likely I read this somewhere and misinturpreted it, I apologize for any confusion !!!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue