PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Manila/Touchflo Audio Player Crashing on you - Fix it here

Hey everyone -

Here are a couple reg edits that will help with the Manila/Touchflo error "not enough memory..." that can occur plus how to direct the Audio Player directly to the folder you store your music on so it is MUCH faster in locking on to your tunes...

Memory Issue: (thanks to nswenson for this one)
open the reg editor and navigate to,
HKLM-> Software-> HTC-> AudioManager-> Config-> required_mem_size. Change required_mem_size from 51664680 to 25832340 (or even smaller if needed - 0 (zero) seems to work just fine, investigating any issues now but seems to be fine).
Basically this line specifies how much free RAM is required for the Audio Manager to start.

Music location settings:
open the reg editor and navigate to,
HKLM-> Software-> HTC-> AudioManager-> Config-> device_scan_path_path
or
HKLM-> Software-> HTC-> AudioManager-> Config-> device_scan_path_path0

and add the direct folder location of your music e.g. on my device its \storage card\my documents\music and I put it in the first entry and low and behold no more memory issue and a MUCH quicker find to the files it needs

Hope that helps - have tested and retested through multiple restarts of my device as well as a reflash and edit and start and restart and no error and very fast locks onto music.

Please post success or failures you encounter with this as well as any other settings you may know of that are Manila/Touchflo related only (not general HTC regedits that can be found everywhere, lets keep this thread on the Manila/Touchflo directly)

Detroit Doug

Last edited by detroit_doug; 09-28-2008 at 07:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Manila/Touchflo Audio Player Crashing on you - Fix it here

Just in case people also are interested in changing the Internet Tab from Opera to IE or Skyfire or MiniMO (Mini Mozilla/Firefox) here is a way to achieve that as well

Step one - rename a COPY of IExplore.exe to OperaL.exe (will need a file manager total commander, resco file explorer, etc) to copy and paste elseware or just use the included file in this post

Step 2 - Make sure you know what version of Opera is on your device or is with your custom ROM your using and download a copy of it to your storage card (or wherever) important its the same version or else youll end up with 2 icons and only 1 is functional

Step 3 - disable touchflo from SETTINGS>TODAY>ITEMS and then using your file manager of choice copy the OperaL.exe you made or downloaded from here to \windows

Step 4 - reintall Opera onto your storage card

Step 5 - go back into SETTINGS>TODAY>ITEMS and select Touchflo and close the settings pages and goto to your internet tab and test - IE should open up with Google.com as the default homepage

** if you are wanting to use skyfire or MiniMo then just rename the executables for those as you would for IE and follow the steps above and your all set

Detroit Doug

Attached Files Manila_Opera_fix.zip (8.8 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by detroit_doug; 09-28-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

ds1w is a n00b
Re: Manila/Touchflo Audio Player Crashing on you - Fix it here

Hi. Hopefully this is not too off topic and you can help. Just got the touch pro yesterday. Trying to figure out how the music player really works. What happened was I put some music files on it, then removed them from the storage. The problem is that the music player still lists the artists and albums, although there it's no longer there. Do you know anyway to refresh that list? Also, i put some files on the SD card in a folder called music. How do I tell that music player where to look for the files? thanks
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue