PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 03:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D
Carrier: Sprint

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad
Iphone OS to Winmo?

So there are some incredibly smart ppl working to get android over to our vogues, and doing a great job of it. not that i'm a huge fan of the iphone os, but it would be pretty neat if it'd be possible to port the iphone OS to winmo, and i'm wondering if anyone has any info on it being attempted, and why/why not?

this is not an winmo vs. iphone thread, so let's not start.

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 09-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

violentz313 is keeping up the good workviolentz313 is keeping up the good work
Re: Iphone OS to Winmo?

I've asked about this a couple times and got a its not possible answer. Personally with everything ive seen done with these phones i dont beleive anything is impossible.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Iphone OS to Winmo?

Mostly the problem stems from Apple hardware not being recognized or coded with Windows Mobile native

Unlike PC's where now that Apple is using Intel chips as the CPU, Microsoft can communicate with the CPU and it can process instructions and there is even a USB device to load the MacOS on a PC as well - but with Mobile devices this ALL changes as even the WinMo devices are not using Intel or AMD or even Motorola CPU's in them so the OS has to be developed in how to communicate and run the processes asked of the CPU and supporting hardware

Impossible, not by a long shot
Difficult, most definatly as well as costly and then there are legal issues with ownership and pantents and etc etc etc.

and to be honest an emulator would prolly be up and functional long before a native OS moved from a WM Device to portable MacOS (IPhone/Itouch) or vice versa would occur although Linux (Anddroid) is a definate first step

Detroit Doug

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue