PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 01:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO, 2x TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rose1
Does anyone know how to configure the softkeys?

I'd like to make the left softkey on the screen my phone app (cprog.exe) and the right key to be contacts. How do I do that?
Old 09-24-2008, 02:01 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Does anyone know how to configure the softkeys?

Goto ...

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112
"Open"="Calendar.exe"
"Default"="Calendar"

That sets "112"=Leftsoftkey, and "113"=rightsoftkey(default by windows with no entry and set to contacts)

Last edited by rstoyguy; 09-24-2008 at 03:04 PM. Reason: edited for accuracy of content...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff

Thanks RS but I can only get as far as HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\. The only thing under Today is Items. I don't see "Keys" anywhere.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:26 PM
SuperNoob

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Sometimes you need to add the key...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:31 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You can try this. Download it and make sure on your PPC "Show all files" is checked.
Just move the SoftKeyAppletEx.cpl from inside the zip file to your device.
On your device move it to the "my device - windows" folder and paste it. Reset you PPC. go to your settings - system and you should see it just click it and change them to what ever you want.

SoftKeyAppletEx.zip
Old 09-24-2008, 02:46 PM
SuperNoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Thanks RS but I can only get as far as HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\. The only thing under Today is Items. I don't see "Keys" anywhere.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER, I'm sorry, I plead temporary insanity... It's not HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. I missed my coffee today...

Last edited by rstoyguy; 09-24-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Prophet
Carrier: Diskotelka9000

Zoltair Wright is a n00b

If you don't want to mess with your registry settings, I really recommend getting Schaps Advanced Config. It lets you change your softkeys, as well as a lot of other useful edits, through an easy GUI. (Plus it's free.) You can download it here. Once installed, just goto the right softmenu "Menu", from there "Key Mapping", and you can select the program you want or type it in yourself.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

It Worked!!!!! Thanks!!!!!
Old 09-24-2008, 03:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoltair Wright View Post
If you don't want to mess with your registry settings, I really recommend getting Schaps Advanced Config. It lets you change your softkeys, as well as a lot of other useful edits, through an easy GUI. (Plus it's free.) You can download it here. Once installed, just goto the right softmenu "Menu", from there "Key Mapping", and you can select the program you want or type it in yourself.
I didn't know you could do it with advanced config. I already did it with the registry settings. Thanks though
Old 09-29-2008, 07:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: from lame-ass imagio, to incredible incredible!
Carrier: forced to verizon from alltel

bradhtc is a n00b

I would like to add my opera browser to my right soft key. I tried to download the config tool and it wouldn't start- came up with error that I don't have the latest software to run the program. I have an alltel touch/vogue.
so my question is can I get what I want through reg edit or do I need something like the config tool? and anyone know what's up with that error?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue