PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 03:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV 6900

happytang is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touchflo 3 and Manilla 2D Questions

Sorry guys,

Did a search, but there are too many irrelavant threads to find my answer.

This is what I understand so far:

Touchflo 3 is known as Touchflo 2D for the Touch (Vogue)

Here's my question:

What exactly is Touchflo 3 and Manilla 2D? Are these the exact same things? One of the roms shows that 2 of the cabs included are "Touchflo 3.0" and then "Manilla 2D"

Does that mean that I need to download both, or...

I just want to know what exactly is the difference between the two. I'd like to use DHarvey's Black Vista ROM, which doesn't have these integrated yet, but am not sure what I need to install / download.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:36 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: Touchflo 3 and Manilla 2D Questions

it is a ui on ur homescreen

Old 09-22-2008, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

sorge is becoming a great contributor

Look up the video of the Touch HD and how you move through readily used task, its freaking awesome.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

zero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to zero157h7 Send a message via AIM to zero157h7 Send a message via MSN to zero157h7 Send a message via Yahoo to zero157h7 Send a message via Skype™ to zero157h7

Touchflo 3d and touchflo 2d function the same way and both were developed by htc. 3d for the new high end of devices (touch pro, diamond, and hd) 2d for new low end devices (Opal). 3d is more graphically intense and looks more impressive, while 2d scales back any 3d graphics, as well as moving images to ease the restraint of having a device with less memory, slower processor, and/or different drivers. There are currently no version of 3d working for the vogue (or at least in a usable form.) If you are still wondering look up the youtube vids and see the difference. It is easily seen in the changing of clock time and the weather.

Also, Manila was the code name for Touch Flo 3d before its release. Use of Manila in conjunction with 2d was done after the fact.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)

jlechner is just getting started

I think this may be the answer your looking for:
Touchflo 3 is a new version of touchflo.
Manilla 2D is basically a very fancy today plugin.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:59 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Touchflo3d is the one use for the Diamond and Touch Pro. It's 3d coz those devices has 3d drivers.
the Touchflo3d version for devices without 3d drivers (Touch,Mogul etc.)is called touchflo2d aka manilla2d. it's 2d coz it does not animate like the 3d does.
Most thread like mine use the refference touchflo3d coz it the UI known and it got stock on that name.
SO if U see touchflo3d or manilla2d, Look on what devices it's under.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 09-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

happytang is a n00b

Hmmm.. Ok thanks. I think I get the idea now.

That being said,

If I wanted to use DHarvey's Black Vista Rom with TouchFlo 3, does that mean I should be looking for the TouchFlo cab or the Manilla Cab?
Old 09-22-2008, 11:05 PM
╚════════════════╝

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytang View Post
Hmmm.. Ok thanks. I think I get the idea now.

That being said,

If I wanted to use DHarvey's Black Vista Rom with TouchFlo 3, does that mean I should be looking for the TouchFlo cab or the Manilla Cab?
What device the ROM is for? If it has the tf3d, then U don't need the manila coz it's already built in. tf2d is manila2d
Old 09-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

happytang is a n00b

It's for the Vogue / XV6900 Verizon Touch
Old 09-23-2008, 09:15 PM
╚════════════════╝

U don't need to flash ur ROM. U just need the cabs and install. It even has youtube app. here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37215
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue