PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 08:30 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tried to use insurance to get a new phone...failed?

I've had my Touch since day 1 (I think it was October of last year), and it's starting to show some problems now. I have several "dark spots" on my screen that are extremely irritating, and I know this is a common problem for Touch users. Also, if you drop my phone onto a table from any higher than 3", it shuts off, and my stylus broke during normal use (the black plastic piece broke away from the aluminum shaft.)

So, I took my phone into a Sprint store to get a new one with my ridiculous $7/mo insurance plan, and they told me that none of my problems "affect the functionality of the phone." Has anyone else had this happen to them? How can I get them to replace it? I know I can just run it over with my car, but that leaves me without a phone for a few days waiting for the new phone to come in the mail for $50 (I'd rather not do that one in-store, since it'll cost $100+)
Old 09-22-2008, 08:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc sprint touch
Carrier: Sprint

Agfadoc is a n00b
Re: Tried to use insurance to get a new phone...failed?

You have to tell them that it "INTERMITTENLY Hard resets" and you have to restore it all the time. Tell them you only have the base software installed and synced with your Outlook contacts.

Intermittent problems cannot be proved or disproved within a 10 minute call.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:48 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Threadstarter

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

So, I should call? I went to the store. They said "we can't duplicate the problem" (referring to the resets).
Old 09-22-2008, 09:51 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Last time I was in my local Sprint store, the nice lady (tm) pointed out that the new policies on smartphone/pda devices had be changed quite a bit and that we should not expect easy/cheap insurance/ecare anymore.

It looks like you're running into that, although I have to say you're pretty hard on your touch to have dinged it up that bad in a year.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:18 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Threadstarter

I actually haven't done anything bad to it. It just gets used a LOT. Still, I used my Mogul more than that and didn't have as many issues as I have with this thing.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny

Call in and say it was lost. As long as you have insurance you'll be set. Plus you'll have back up electronics in case anything happens.

Of course you would also be w/o a phone for a few days... As they will probably activate the new one when they send it.

Edit: My stylus broke too, maybe we just have bigger hands, I bought 3 replacements off ebay for like $5. They don't fit exactly the same, but they are good enough.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Alltel

u2gator is a n00b

Drop it in your sink while washing some dishes.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:57 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Threadstarter

I e-mailed eCare and they said they would give me a new one for free through the insurance company (charge me $50 and then credit it back), or I can get the Diamond for $199.99. I think I'm just gonna get the Diamond then exchange it for the Touch Pro on the 19th. :/
Old 09-22-2008, 02:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

MrBruno is a n00b

your best bet is probably to call in to Asurion and pay the $50 and get a replacement. It wont ship active so your phone will work until the new one arrives.

Starting Sept 8, 08, physical damage is no longer covered under the ESRP insurance. Actually, Sprint has never covered physical damage, the repair centers have just been able to do it. It was costing Sprint about 30 mill a year to replace those problems.

Sprint has really been cracking down on their repair centers. We really have to duplicate the problem to be able to swap it out. Its been pretty tough tellin people that pay $7 a month that they have to pay $99-$119 to replace their phone because they broke the screen, housing, etc..
Old 09-22-2008, 02:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

MrBruno is a n00b

ps - i run a service center in oklahoma. just sayin
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue