PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Lurker

woodleyj is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alltel Touch GPS Help!!!!

First off, hi all, I am brand new to this forum and in two days I have learned so much from all of the information here. Great job guys and gals! But I have a new problem and after searching for what seems like eternity, I have yet to find the solution.

I don't know a whole lot about the htc touch, but with some help from here I was able to unlock it and load a custom rom and eventually I figured out how to get the gps working. Now I decided to change the rom again and I have one that I really like now, but I am unable to get GPS to work again! I did the steps exactly like before, I don't get it. After going back to the previous custom rom and following the same steps GPS works fine. But I don't want that custom rom, I want this other one! Now I accidentally deleted the rom that GPS works on, and I don't remember what it was called. The rom I want to keep on here and try to get GPS to work with is a file called RSTG_Alltel_NBH_v1.2. So now can someone please enlighten me as to why GPS works with one and not the other?

After loading the rom GPS does not work right away with either of them - I have to use the QPST configuration tool to write new settings to the phone and then use PHM regedit on the phone itself as well. After performing these things and doing a soft reset GPS works awesome, I get a lock in 5-10 seconds. Now when I use the QPST configuration tool following the exact same steps on the old custom rom, GPS doesn't work. So what can I do to fix this problem? Let me know what you think! Thanks

This is the directions I follow after loading custom rom: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36377

Last edited by woodleyj; 09-21-2008 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:37 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

woodleyj is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Alltel Touch GPS Help!!!!

Can anyone help!?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue