PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2008, 10:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

pconnors44 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Viewing GIFs on Vogue

Whats up guys. I was messin around with some custom .gifs for startup animation, s2u2, etc. Created on desktop & moved to phone. Thought Id check em out before moving file(s) to proper folders. Then realized that when clicking on a gif, it seems to open with "Pictures & Video" by default. The frame delay is very slow and just aint makin it. So I tried searchin the reg for PIX&VIDS hoping to find maybe a "DelayPerFrame" entry similar to what you find in hklm>software>htc>startup animation. Umm YA - Not So Much.
What in the stock system is responsible for playing the startup animation, or ACs gif display in S2U? It plays perfectly, including differing delay values Ive set on various frames.
How do I simply view a gif in "real time" without having to rename a file "SPCS_Startup" and moving in to windows+soft reset , or renaming to wallpaper.gif in S2U2's gfx folder?
Old 09-20-2008, 12:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini
Carrier: Sprint

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Viewing GIFs on Vogue

Best animated GIF player on my Sprint Touch is, perhaps unexpectedly, Opera! If you have a file browser that allows 'Open With' then you can tap and hold the GIF to bring up a menu for choosing Open With, and then select Opera. Or, you can go to the URL address field in Opera, and type "file://localhost/My%20Documents/..." or what ever folder contains the GIF you want to preview. You don't even have to enter the folder name. Just hit the arrow to the right of the URL field, go to My Documents and Opera shows the folders in there. So you can just tap-navigate to your GIF.

Hope this helps, MrG

Oh BTW you can make WM File Explorer have Open With functionality by installing a very small app, available here:
http://tinyurl.com/62eshh

Edit: OpenWith is freeware

Last edited by MrGoodtunes; 09-20-2008 at 01:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:10 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

pconnors44 is a n00b

[Hope this helps, MrG]

Thank you for your reply. I did have "Open With" already, and using Opera opened the GIF as well, but for some reason displayed frames even slower.? I used Beneton Movie Gif (freeeware, or hasnt expired yet) and various sections have differing frame delays. I thought there may have been a problem when converting, becaused Ive tried GIF to AVI and the resulting file played the image with 0 delay per frame (& looked completely-Awful). But just clicking the image on my Desktop opens it with Int Exp, with the adress bar displaying exactly what you said, and it plays exactly how It was created. Thats when I started trying to figure out if it was an .exe playing GIFs on the device, because renaming the file as the Startup animation like I mentioned,as rediculous as that is, seems to be the only way I can view gifs the way they were created. Dont mean to make it sound like such a big deal, it just had me all like WTF,Over?
Old 09-20-2008, 06:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The 3VO
Carrier: Sprint for service PPC geeks for eerythang else :)

toinejuan is keeping up the good worktoinejuan is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to toinejuan Send a message via Yahoo to toinejuan

S2V is also very good for viewing gif's I have a gif folder on my card and look at them all the time with S2V
Old 09-20-2008, 07:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

pconnors44 is a n00b

Which version? Before I posted earlier, I actually tried to open a gif with v1.40 (I think). Displayed first frame only. Using S2U2 to view for now.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue