PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2008, 12:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

apollooff320 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can I smash my screen and....

Can I place my knee on the screen to use my warranty on the phone? I can't get 2.31 off my phone but found out how, but I went to hard reset my phone cuz activesync wasn't working anymore. Well the screen alignment screen keeps moving the cursor on it's on with out me touching the screen. Will sprint be able to see that 2.31 is on my phone even with the screen cracked all up?
Old 09-20-2008, 12:45 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Re: Can I smash my screen and....

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320 View Post
Can I place my knee on the screen to use my warranty on the phone? I can't get 2.31 off my phone but found out how, but I went to hard reset my phone cuz activesync wasn't working anymore. Well the screen alignment screen keeps moving the cursor on it's on with out me touching the screen. Will sprint be able to see that 2.31 is on my phone even with the screen cracked all up?
Im not sure a smashed screen is a good idea, maybe for an insurance claim, but I don't think the warranty will cover that. Have you tried a hard reset and going back to stock rom?
Old 09-20-2008, 01:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

apollooff320 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
Im not sure a smashed screen is a good idea, maybe for an insurance claim, but I don't think the warranty will cover that. Have you tried a hard reset and going back to stock rom?
I can't do nothing because I can't get out of the screen alignment since I hard re set the phone. I did use the warranty before when my screen was cracked and turned black.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:24 AM
White Monster > Red Bull

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320 View Post
I can't do nothing because I can't get out of the screen alignment since I hard re set the phone. I did use the warranty before when my screen was cracked and turned black.
You have tried another hard reset?
Old 09-20-2008, 02:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

apollooff320 is a n00b

samething. I tried 4 hard resets already and get the same results.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:10 AM
White Monster > Red Bull

Oh, I see, and a stock rom will not flash to this?

Edit: Have you tried this thread?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24906

Last edited by thacounty; 09-20-2008 at 02:15 AM.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:26 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

I have had 2 Apaches and 1 Touch replaced through the Sprint Repair store(free of charge) due to getting stuck at the align screen page. Follow this thread : http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24979 Scroll down to downgrading. You can put the .40 bootloader back on and flash a STOCK ROM. If it still hangs at the align screen page, just take it in to a repair store, they will look at it(All 3 times I went in it took over an hour, even though I could have told them after the first time they couldn't fix it) and they will give you a new/refurbished one. This is assuming you have the TEP or at least repair insurance!
Old 09-20-2008, 02:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

apollooff320 is a n00b

only problem is my phone won't connect to activesync anymore. It will charge fine though. It just makes a weird noise when I connect it to the USB cable and it's not the noise your suppose to hear when it gets synced. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling activesync and it does nothing.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

apollooff320 is a n00b

thank god finally got the pass the alignment crap. Took hours just for it to stop acting retarted but I know when I hard reset again it will do the samething. Now I just need to get activesync to work.

*EDIT* Got activesync working by deleting Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote adaptar under Device Manager. Then unplugging my phone and plugging it back in.

Last edited by apollooff320; 09-20-2008 at 04:33 AM.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:41 AM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

smash the wole thing ridiculously and claim you accidenily ran over it....
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue