PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2008, 01:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

Geek Girl is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Touch user. Help!

Hi.

Just got an HTC Touch and have questions.

When I tap on the envelope/messages icon as if to write a new text message, it automatically opens up in my Yahoo account and I then have to go into Options, Go To: 'Text Messages' (Edited to add: Duhhh, Ok, I found out that I was clicking on the WRONG icon...duhhh. that there is ANOTHER icon NEXT to this envelope icon..with what looks like a paper with lines on it..and THAT one takes me directly to my TEXT folder....soooorrry, guys, *blush*)

Well, I want it to automatically/default to go my TEXT messages, NEVER my Yahoo folder. In fact, I wish to DELETE the Yahoo Account from HTC Touch. How do I do this? (See my above add/edit, but I DO still want to at least KNOW how to DELETE my Yahoo..because if I don't want the $30.00 a month stuff, then I don't want my phone to accidentally check Yahoo, etc...)

And question on this Vision account. Is that the $30.00 a month internet account to where you can use your IE/email...stuff like this?

And I HAVE to have this to be able to download and use the smms program feature? (clarifying that this program WILL allow me to SEND-in a text-pictures with my HTC Touch to other cell phones, using their cell phone number, right?)

Look forward to your replies, thanks in advance!

Geek Girl

Last edited by Geek Girl; 09-16-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

varunb007 is keeping up the good workvarunb007 is keeping up the good work
Re: New Touch user. Help!

strange problem with your text messaging... to delete your yahoo account, go to menu->tools->options then hold down on the account(s) you want to delete (Yahoo for you) and select delete. hopefully that will fix your problem. you're trying to get to text messages from the middle icon on the home screen, right?

i'm on the sprint sero plan, so i can't really say anything about vision accounts...

you will have to get smms if you want to send mms messages (send pictures).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:21 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Hey thanks for that! I was able to delete my Yahoo account thanks to your info!

No, my above problem was talking about me clicking on the first icon, the envolope icon..then I edited it to add how I realized that the MIDDLE icon takes me just to my texts, duhhh

Now, I noticed there is an asterisk next to my Outlook Acct and it won't let me delete that, darn it!

I'm trying to ensure that I can never click on anything on my phone that may charge me without absolutely knowing what and when it will charge me, ya know?

I learned about something called an evdo accout...you know anything about that?

and once I DO get the smms thing working...do you know if I'd be charged for outgoing picture messages (beyond my Vision accout charge, whatever that would even be?).

Thanks again!

Geek Girl
Old 09-17-2008, 01:47 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

SMS text help:

Why does it give me an 'cannot recognize recipient or invalid number' type of a message whenever I send a text to someone in my address book? They have their number correct (including the area code..which shows in parenthesis)...yet it DOES still send it.

How can I fix this?

I like the format I have everyone's phone numbers in my Contacts ex: (999) 999-9999. Is the SMS feature looking for the format to be: 9999999999, then?

Thanks!

And anyone know how much this 'Vision account' option is for Sprint?

Geek Girl
Old 09-17-2008, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

varunb007 is keeping up the good workvarunb007 is keeping up the good work

i think the vision service will cost you around $20/month more than what you're currently paying. with this service, you'll get unlimited data (ie check e-mail all you want, go on the internet, get on AIM, etc), unlimited navigation (can use the gps in your phone to navigate), and misc sprint crap (tv, music, etc).

i have my contacts saved in the same format as you and don't get that error. not sure why it's doing that to you. btw, even if you enter the number as 1234567890, it will reformat it to (123) 456-7890. at least that's what it does on my phone.

on a side note, did you upgrade your phone to windows mobile 6.1? you might want to go ahead and do that before you configure all this stuff on your phone.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue